Wear out tyre

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eneasz

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to ask you for your opinion what are your thought on this tyre. I set bike to 6 on suspension all settings and after arrivals and registration about 15-20 minutes when tyres were rather cold than worm I checked pressure which was 40 and I dropped it to 30. How does it look like to you? Is it wrong pressure, suspension or is it normal? What are your thoughts?
oponka.jpg

Nothing abnormal looking there. If you aren't getting a squirmy feeling from the tyres then the pressures are not too high. Did you not find 6 on the suspension a tad soft?

It was first time ever i did change anything to suspension, so I'm not that good yet to tell the difference but I think i felt it pumping a bit few times in the corner.

did you notice if your TC light was flashing ? To be fair I have always found it be a bit biz on track , unsettling the bike on corner exit
Tyre looks like youve had a laugh ::)
I aint no expert but I have found different tracks do different things to different tires
Would you say you were a smooth rider , I use to make a mess of my tires on my R1 due to my general lack of smoothness :eek:
6 sounds soft to me also knowing your weight.

seemed to be doing fine to me fella and certainly enough to make the tyres work. besides if you finished with a massive smile on your face that alone makes you Rossi ;)

Thanks Jamie, just realized, I have cut half of movie, will have to re-upload it.

yeah, with them my tyre would look like this before i get to first corner :) I don't get it, tyre seems to be well used, but looking at the footage, there was not much serious action, also timed laps 1:03 are a bit far from quick so something is not right ... hehe I know my riding ::)

The only things that matter are the bike stayed shiny side up and you had a good day and ended it with a hugh smile.

Back