Problems with Dunlop D212 gp racer slick rear

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pirelli

the warmer it gets the better softer pirellis work the only softer one is a zero

Correct. For really hot track temperatures you would want to fit an SC0 rear. The only issue with Pirelli?s is that they are extremely susceptible to pressure and track temperature changes which in most cases means they do not last long at all.

Pressure & Compound

I got an interesting view/advise from another forum, is to try to run higher pressure in morning when its cold and drop it down as track heats up to manufacture's recommended.

It?s best to try and use the manufacturer recommended pressure ranges. Rather than go outside of these ranges just use the right compound and you will get far better results.

Basically the bottom problem, I was too slow in morning and couldn't generate enough heat in the tire whilst running recommended pressure.

This is the problem with using slicks in cold conditions. You have to be be running at a fast enough pace straight away from the moment you take the warmers off the tyres. If you don?t it?s very easier to destroy a rear tyre through tearing. I personally don?t bother using slicks in colder track conditions as it?s just false economy. Instead I just use treaded race compound tyres as it?s easier to generate and maintain heat.

Re: Pressure & Compound

This is the problem with using slicks in cold conditions. You have to be be running at a fast enough pace straight away from the moment you take the warmers off the tyres. If you don?t it?s very easier to destroy a rear tyre through tearing. I personally don?t bother using slicks in colder track conditions as it?s just false economy. Instead I just use treaded race compound tyres as it?s easier to generate and maintain heat.

I'm just learning! :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back