Replacement Ign Key

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
I've missplaced...ok, lost my ignition key and currently using my spare.

Anyone know how much a replacement is.

I had it when I arrived home from the NC..took my luggage off and it's simply disappeared...I've probably spent all of 5 minutes looking for it in the usual places... mind you as looking for it entails me doing something which I can't be arsed.

So any ideas...cheers.

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Don't worry about getting a replacement Stuart, you'll only find it 5 minutes after getting home with the new key. It will turn up.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Lying in my kip I keep imagining it will show up Jimmy... you know..the hand of god type of thing. Guess I better make an effort...christ! [emoji52]

I too had a similar ocurance and bought a new ?main? key through the dealer: ~$85 AUD.
I was surprised it was this cheap for a beemer

Bummer Stuart. I'm always losing stuff. One thing I've noticed over the years is when I buy a replacement, I then find the original as I go to put the replacement away. At first this was just f***ing annoying, but several times recently I've avoided the purchase and got into the mind-set of "right then, I'll now put 'this' away" and bingo, lost item turns up.
... Imagine you've got a lanky Englishman hanging around your driveway who wants a lift to Balloch House and you're trying to put stuff away quickly and get back for a shower, etc. That might do it.
Also, I remember you put my key in your car cupholder. Good luck.

Ill really need to look for it.... as you say it will turn up somewhere Hugh...

S

Back