Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nippy Normans charger not working

Riding
    Sport, 2017, Black

Re: Nippy Normans charger not working

Quote Originally Posted by Huge View Post
    Good idea Gaz. Next job is remove tail tidy and see if there's a prob with the connection or if the works. I'll let you know what transpires. H
    Right, apologies for the days late reply, I got side tracked and then forgot. Right I've uploaded a few pics of the wiring:

https://imgur.com/a/YO6X0su

The first pic is the optional accessories plug and how it hooks up. Red/Brown being a live that goes directly through the fuse then to the starter relay. Brown is the negative parallel. Violet I believe is unused on the S1000RR but still hooks up to the control unit.

Second, third and fourth pic are the route the rear plate light takes through the fuse/starter and the pin it hooks up to in the control unit. This should give you a good start for troubleshooting the issue.

Riding
    BMW 2015 S1000RR

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?11817-Which-SATNAV-to-Consider/page4

That first diagram clears up a spot of bother I had connecting the accessories socket to the NN plug. I found the wiring instructions that came with the plug to be wrong for what I required to wire in a TomTom.

Also found that the TomTom wouldn't charge on the bike if its battery was too discharged.

Quote Originally Posted by Billo01 View Post
    https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?11817-Which-SATNAV-to-Consider/page4

That first diagram clears up a spot of bother I had connecting the accessories socket to the NN plug. I found the wiring instructions that came with the plug to be wrong for what I required to wire in a TomTom.

Also found that the TomTom wouldn't charge on the bike if its battery was too discharged.
    I had a right trial with the NN plug and the tomtom. Apart from the fairings which were like an advanced evening class in Origami, the wiring diagram provided was useless. There were 2 yellow wires from the NN plug, but which one is the feed? Obviously I guessed, got it wrong, had to remove fairings all over again (snapping a lug in the process) and try the other one. But then I decided to just join them both together in the hope that it would work. It did, no problems so far over the last 4/5 months. Works great no charging issues or weird flags on the dash. The only really irritating issue I have now is the bloody tomtom swinging round in the wind at the stem mount. Anyone got any fixes for that?
    But, still cheaper than the OEM solution.