New HP4 owner from Sweden saying hello

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocke

Reaction score
Hello,

Newcomer from Stockholm Sweden.
Bought an HP4 -13 this winter. Recently I have owned a Triumph Speed triple -01, then -07. Sold the last one after riding 2 days at track.

Bought a Suzuki K6 for track then sold the Speed Triple and bought a similar for road abuse.

Used my K6 for 2 years and got faster. But all the f*ing time I got passed by the beemers on track so I decides to buy an HP4 when it came out for sale.

So every day this year I have been doing personal bests on every track.
Love this bike :love-struck:

VXcBgmtl.jpg

KpDHX97h.jpg

Welcome to the forum Jocke and congratulations on your new HP4!

Great welcome post and photos!
I?m very glad to hear you?re throughly enjoying your HP4 and I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you.

What sort of road riding do you enjoy, i.e. weekend rides, commuting, touring, or a mixture of all?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information [emoji4]

Oli

Welcome Jocke, great pics, is that from a Swedish track?

Thanks alex!

Yes, its from a small track called Geller?sen:
Geller%C3%A5sen%20vy.jpg

Its small and tricky. Perfect for 600. Didnt like it with my Suzuki because it was to heavy to steer.

But after 1 day I did -1 sec and second day -2 with the HP4. So now I like it again :)

Next week I will go to historical ground in Sweden; Anderstorp which is an old F1 GP track (1978):

Swedish-GP-Anderstorp-1978.jpg

Nowadays neighbours are complaining against noise so it does not look well for the future. They even had to cancel the training for the Swedish cup last month.
And the people taking racing licenses had to use 125cc bikes with stock exhaust....

However, the track is amazing, 4,1km long:

anderstorp_600.jpg

And you get to max out 6th gear on the straight before full brake.

I have never raced it with the HP4 so it will be very interesting.... Aiming for -3sec.

Welcome aboard Jocke... maybe we call you Jock as we say in Scotland...rode through part of Sweden on a Scandinavian trip a few years ago...the Oresund Bridge is an amazing bit of Engineering and soooooo long...lol.

Both those tracks look amazing..

Welcome aboard our adopted Scotsman..... Jock...

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Some footage from last week :)
I had such a nice 3 days. Personal best with almost 4sec compared to last year with my GSXR.

Dunlop KR 205/60 rear and 120 front. Love those tires. So much feedback and grip :devilish:

And I also found out that the TC really works. I ride in slick mode and +-0.
It was extremly hot this weekend, 55? in the tarmac. As you can see in the video there is an extremly tight +90? left before start/finish line after the long right.
I was a bit too trigger happy and went hard on the gas in second gear and full lean (quick throttle and full lean + gas... ops) and the rear just bite the tarmac and was just about to make me fly and the TC kicked in and saved me... Thank you BMW :)

Yes, but it also needed some mods to get it to fit since my bike is the -13 model.

Did my first race last week. Started last in the A-group after the qualify.
Start was shit (first start ever on a track) but I did not finish last and I had a lot of fun:

Back