South coast newbie

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1621

Reaction score
Ordered my new S1000RR last weekend after an epic test ride, should pick it up from Bahnstormer Alton a week Friday. Upgrading from a 2015 Fireblade which was a good fun bike, but the RR is something else!!

Gone for white and red. Can't wait now.

Bought a tank protector and some eazi-grip for my tank. And seem to be accidentally ish looking at exhausts too.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

Enjoy the anticipation as you await to collect your new steed [emoji16]
Fingers crossed the weather is fantastic for you so you can get that run-in service out of the way ASAP, full power awaits!

Any stand out experiences on your Fireblade?
What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Thanks Oli,

Oh no do I have to run it in? Sounds painful lol. There are usually 2 schools of thought on that one.

To be honest I didn't get to ride it that much due to two small arrivals but it was there for me when I needed it.

Thanks, looking forward to getting involved!

Thanks Oli,

Oh no do I have to run it in? Sounds painful lol. There are usually 2 schools of thought on that one.

To be honest I didn't get to ride it that much due to two small arrivals but it was there for me when I needed it.

Thanks, looking forward to getting involved!

S1000?s have a run-in limiter that is set to 9k rpm, this is removed during the first service at ~ 600 miles.
Running in protocols are like sport teams, always divide opinion lol. I personally always subscribe to the hard run-in philosophy. To be honest though with the 9k limiter in place you can?t really get too carried away so just proceed however you feel comfortable. Top speed is something like 126 mph, from memory, on a closed road of course lol [emoji12]

A belated congratulations on the two small arrivals [emoji4]

Oli

Hi, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new bike and family members (I presume thats right?) :).

Great running in weather, good timing all round :).

Welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new additions to the family and enjoy the new bike. God knows when you will find the time to go out and play though!

Thanks everyone. Yeah my world has definitely changed since I bought the 'blade.

The kids are 3 and 1.5 now so there is a bit more opportunity to get out, not to mention that I'm up ridiculously early every day so should be able to get some decent riding in now :D

Back