RIP Dan Kneen

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just going to mention this. Very sad to lose any of these warriors. RIP.

TAS RACING DEVASTATED BY THE LOSS OF DAN KNEEN
Following an incident involving Tyco BMW rider Dan Kneen on the opening lap of practice at tonight’s Isle of Man TT [Wednesday], aboard the team’s Superbike, we are devastated to announce that the 30-year-old Manxman has sadly succumbed to his injuries. The incident happened at the Churchtown section of the Isle of Man TT circuit.
On behalf of everyone at TAS Racing and Tyco BMW we would like to pass on our heartfelt sympathy to his girlfriend Leanne and his wider family circle on the Isle of Man.
Dan came into the Tyco BMW team last year for the Ulster Grand Prix and immediately demonstrated his tangible talent on a motorcycle, claiming two podium finishes in the Superbike class and setting a phenomenal effort of 134.541mph, which at the time was the world’s fastest ever road racing lap.
2018 was set to be the affable Manxman’s tenth year of racing at the Isle of Man TT and just last night, the Braddan rider set his personal best ever lap around the Mountain Circuit, posting 132.258mph [17min 06.994sec] aboard the TAS Racing prepared Superbike.
Team Manager Philip Neill said: "We are all numb at the minute if I’m truly honest. Dan had settled in superbly well here at Tyco BMW, as his previous results have shown, and having set his best-ever lap time around the TT Circuit just last night, he proved his credentials as a potential winner this year. Our thoughts tonight though, are not about racing, but with Dan’s family and friends. He was a popular hard working lad who loved his racing and he will be sorely missed by all that knew him, and that includes everyone at TAS Racing."

Thoughts go out to his family,rip dan

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's awful news and still can't really believe it. I was down at Kirkistown only 2 weeks ago watching the Tyco team do their testing and he was going so well. Done really well at Tandragee an all, plus was flying at the NW200.

Can be a horrible sport at times :(

Ryan Kneen on Dan's spare bike wearing his spare lid...giving it the berries in honour of his late brother.

Dan's partner Leanne saw him away from the start.

Hat off to that family.
2500b33d165ce9d8d0fdf7eba6ebe1e1.jpg
ef8d36f6eab02ee00ed0d4eefeac6ffb.jpg

- Alex

Thread locked temporarily due to inappropriate content being posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back