My 2010 S1000RR Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urbanen

Reaction score
I joined recently and was given some great advice re the bikes and what to look for. I ended up going against the advice though, as I usually do, and bought a Gen 1, not only because I found a bargain but because this is the first bike I've had with any bells and whistles so nothing to lose starting with a Gen 1 and moving up if I want to. She's going to be a weekend toy and track day bike.

So here she is;

AwcGLVhl.jpg

VBWWAiil.jpg

2Sy1ijal.jpg

4bDI5Qql.jpg

INnNx7ml.jpg

YT35BWFw20fYBaxG2
YT35BWFw20fYBaxG2
AF1QipOIWdyQre1b6qOq-Nu6rD3GeRH5NjtSOMu6yJgC
WMTN0cR
WMTN0cRl.jpg

Nothing wrong with getting a bike with lots of well thought out quality upgrades.
Ohlins-something (sticker ;) ), Dymags etc etc

Last edited:
Lots of extra on that bike, wow, did it come like that or did you add them? Particularly of note the HP CF bellypan, they are not cheap.

Nothing wrong with getting a bike with lots of well thought out quality upgrades.
Ohlins-something (sticker ;) ), Dymags etc etc

Haha yea the ohlins are way out of my price range and they're bone stock forks no inserts just the damper. I want a quick throttle as I've not managed to gel with the stock one and I've got a rolling road session coming up next week to see what the power curve looks like as she has a power commander but I'm not sure what map. Then i'll probably just keep everything clean and play with the suspension settings.

Lots of extra on that bike, wow, did it come like that or did you add them? Particularly of note the HP CF bellypan, they are not cheap.

Yea bought as you see it. I added the stickers to the belly to see what they'd look like but i'm happy so far. Also came with all the OEM bits too.

Love the sticker kit on the nose cowl and rear seat, where?s that from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the sticker kit on the nose cowl and rear seat, where?s that from?

This is the ebay item no 253423679657

Edit - Not that one, my mistake - those came with it but they're just motografix gel ones

Btw its running very low down the forks.
I am not sure what is best on the Gen1 but the Gen 2/3 are better only showing a line or so.

- Alex

Btw its running very low down the forks.
I am not sure what is best on the Gen1 but the Gen 2/3 are better only showing a line or so.

- Alex

Is that for the ride height or the pre-load?

Is that for the ride height or the pre-load?

Alex is referring to the position of the clip-ons on the top of the front fork tubes. The bike is best when setup as flat as possible, they usually are showing one or two rings at the top.

Cool thanks. I am excited to have a tinker with the suspension setup. I thought i'd leave it until its first track session then once i've got it how I want it there I'll work backwards from that for the road. If that makes sense...

Nice sled. I also have a first year s1000rr since day one with about 35k use it for commuting and enjoy it very much , factory bike except for bars and chain wheel's.

Back