Brembo serie oro discs vs OEM

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyingscotsman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at replacing my front discs & considering Brembo Serie Oro or BMW OEM. Seems like Serie Oro is nearest aftermarket equivalent to OEM. Does anybody know how they compare?

They are for standard wheels.

Brembo

Broadly speaking the OEM brake discs (cast wheels), which are made by Brembo, are very similar to the Serie Oro discs. You are unlikely to notice the difference between the two so just buy whichever suits your budget.

Brembo

You will normally pay more for BMW consumable parts for whatever reason. The HP (Brembo) front brake discs (forged wheels) are just as expensive as Brembo T-Drive discs!

Looking at replacing my front discs & considering Brembo Serie Oro or BMW OEM. Seems like Serie Oro is nearest aftermarket equivalent to OEM. Does anybody know how they compare?

They are for standard wheels.

Im one of those who bought Oro with new wheels. I'm using them with Ferodo Xrac pads, didnt notice any difference with OEM. But maybe I'm not braking hard enough.

o/e are 4.5mm serie ore are 5mm and S/sport/HPK are 5.5mm
thats from memory,in theory,thicker the disc,better heat dissipation.

Re: Brembo

Broadly speaking the OEM brake discs (cast wheels), which are made by Brembo, are very similar to the Serie Oro discs. You are unlikely to notice the difference between the two so just buy whichever suits your budget.

Cheers! I've ordered a set of Serie Oro from Carpimoto - currently en route from Italy

Last edited:
Ive got serie oro on my race bike good kit but I don?t think they?re any better or worse than OEM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Kyle. I'm looking for OEM or equivalent & the serie oro are half the price of BMW dealer oem. If serie oro are similar to oem then I'll be happy.

o/e are 4.5mm serie ore are 5mm and S/sport/HPK are 5.5mm
thats from memory,in theory,thicker the disc,better heat dissipation.

Fitted my Serie Oro today. Look very similar to oem. Only difference is the floating washers are not captive on disc like oem.

Measured thickness with micrometer. New Serie Oro are 5.5 mm. Old oem were 5.0mm after 12k miles - not sure what they started at but likely 5.5 mm as there was a slight lip.

Last edited:
Fitted my Serie Oro today. Look very similar to oem. Only difference is the floating washers are not captive on disc like oem.

Measured thickness with micrometer. New Serie Oro are 5.5 mm. Old oem were 5.0mm after 12k miles - not sure what they started at but likely 5.5 mm as there was a slight lip.
You can buy Oro in different thickness: 4.5, 5, 5.5

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back