Track day crash

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephens1000rr

Reaction score
Ok so it?s took me a week to post cause I?m f**kin heartbroken!

Last Tuesday out on a track day everything was going well untill the last session at a hairpin, i was in race mode and just hit the apex in the corner and coming out bike all sudden just felt it lost grip and then caught again and bang I was over the handlebars was a really strange one!!

So here?s photos of the bike and if anyone has any spares could they please get in touch!!

Many thanks
Stephen
IMG_1186.JPGIMG_1187.JPGIMG_1188.JPGIMG_1189.JPGIMG_1190.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so it?s took me a week to post cause I?m f**kin heartbroken!

Last Tuesday out on a track day everything was going well untill the last session at a hairpin, i was in race mode and just hit the apex in the corner and coming out bike all sudden just felt it lost grip and then caught again and bang I was over the handlebars was a really strange one!!

So here?s photos of the bike and if anyone has any spares could they please get in touch!!

Many thanks
Stephen
View attachment 3613View attachment 3614View attachment 3615View attachment 3616View attachment 3617

IMG_1191.JPG

Ugh feel for you.
Sounds like you slipped on fluid or just tapped the gas more than normal.

The frame, is that just a scuff, or more serious?

Start checking eBay for parts.

- Alex

Ugh feel for you.
Sounds like you slipped on fluid or just tapped the gas more than normal.

The frame, is that just a scuff, or more serious?

Start checking eBay for parts.

- Alex

Cheers Alex heartbroken to say the least!!

Just scuffs mate really eye sore ffs!!

Yeah checking it everyday mate

I feel you. I got into gravel at Brands Hatch in druids the other day.

Do you use crash bobins?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I feel you. I got into gravel at Brands Hatch in druids the other day.

Do you use crash bobins?

Serious how the bike man?

No fs never had any on! Wish I had of now fs lol

Fwiw, Alpha carbon frame protection would have stopped the scuff, and now will cover it up, so you don't have to look at it.

But, you may need to take it off to sell it. As people are wise to damage being covered up.

- Alex

The stator cover is going to be the thing to fix first of course. Will require care and the right tools.

- Alex

try not to get to depresed buddy, new plastics or repair the originals, paint the frame and it will be good to go, by pics looks very minor only cosmetic, m7rr tyres wouldnot have helped you and T/C is only an aid not full proof, look on fleabay sometimes theres race lads break new bikes for racing,

Sicken mate and with the weather as good as it is I just want to get out and get her lit ffs

Yeah checking it flat out fs lol

Those metzlers are definitely not for the track, especially if you push hard.

What pressure did you run?

Sicken mate and with the weather as good as it is I just want to get out and get her lit ffs

Yeah checking it flat out fs lol

The M7RR's hang on pretty well, you have to be going hard to unstick them.

Soof has done 2:07 round snetterton.
Rutter has done 120mph+ round the TT.

- Alex

Course you can use them on the track, I feel very sorry for Stephen but the cause of the crash could be down to a number of factors, we've had people on here crash on Supercorsas without knowing why

Many factors indeed just strange as I didn?t really feel much ffs!

There were great in terms of grip they give me plenty, I ran 28rear 30 front they did give me load of confidence to be fair apart from the off ffs

Many factors indeed just strange as I didn’t really feel much ffs!

There were great in terms of grip they give me plenty, I ran 28rear 30 front they did give me load of confidence to be fair apart from the off ffs

Yeah I feel for you mate, don't lose heart, it's all fixable

Yeah I feel for you mate, don't lose heart, it's all fixable

Cheers mate

If anyone sees or hear of someone breaking a parts could you forward me details more the fairings for a motorsport model please

Sucks mate. I think the best part of us have crashed bikes, Me myself very many >.<
Way I think about it is a opportunity, You now have an excuse to do anything you want with it within reason, So go and get that pink fairing you've always wanted, Go and get that fluffy windscreen you've dreamt about!

In all seriousness though you now can do whatever you want with your bike :D

Good to see you posting here mate and looking to get the bike fixed. It always looks worse til you get the damaged bits off, my GSXR was a mess, plus it looked like I’d plowed a field with it!

I saw on Facebook earlier a guy with a full set of 15/16 plastics, which could be an option, but I guess you want the 17+ To save painting. In fact he seemed to have everything for the bike.

Get it it fixed and get down to Bishopscourt with me on the 24th June! That’ll be my first trackday on mine, kinda nervous now after seeing yours :hurt: I’ve plenty crash protection though hope not to need it.

Trackday Crash

The majority of trackday crashes can normally be apportioned to rider error. The best advice is to try and analyse what caused the crash and get back on the bike as soon as you can. Bikes can always be repaired (most of the time!) but the main thing is you walked away without injury.

Back