Need help (for a friend)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pof

Reaction score
Have a mate at cadders as we speak with brake issues. His a racer type.
Issues are the outside pistons arnt pushing out. If they take the pads out and hold the pistons that are extending the others do extend so not seized. Any ideas on fixing the issue?
91dcd7c73d0dc77d1755f453e4c3afd7.jpg
2049e6eb420b943aa248c574bd94b62d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fluid always takes path of least resistance...closest to the banjo tend to move first.
As long as they move when the others are held they should be ok even if they have a bit more stiction

- Alex

Fluid always takes path of least resistance...closest to the banjo tend to move first.
As long as they move when the others are held they should be ok even if they have a bit more stiction

- Alex

Correct. There is no issue from what has been described.

If that's how the pads sit when the calliper is fitted and the brakes are used then his wheel is not centred

If that's how the pads sit when the calliper is fitted and the brakes are used then his wheel is not centred
You are absolutely correct. An issue with the front spindle and spacer on right fork wasnt seating correctly. He had a big off at end of last season and the frame got bent 6.5mm (re straightened ). Obviously there was more damage than first thought.
Cheers for the feedback chaps

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is there an easy way to check front wheel centring? I have a similar issue with uneven pistons after getting tyres fitted. I think that they may have loosened the left fork leg pinch bolts and moved the spacer.

Back