Rear brake issue

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sagalout

Reaction score
Rear brake has suddenly become basically innefective. Feels like I can push the pedal further down with little pressure, although I can see the pads move. So far I?ve removed and cleaned the pads and disc, and then bled the system - no obvious air in it though. Does this sound like a failed master cylinder? Off to the TT on Thursday so not ideal.

curious - did yours ever work?
mines been crap forever and I think others I've ridden are no better
found you need to leave a lot of play on the adjustment or the brake "self activates"
another gripe is the HP rearsets have no adjustment for pedal height / stop - it just says move the footrest to suit!

You might not use it, but the brake system will.

The BMW system combines the brakes on certain modes.

- Alex

I use the back a lot when filtering and slow speed manoeuvres. Makes the bike much more stable. Anyway, pissed off with it now after spending all afternoon and getting nowhere with it. Rear bleed nipple doesn?t have a locknut and fluid seems to leak from under the nipple whilst bleeding, which makes me think it?s probably leaking air back in, but after bleeding through 500ml of fluid there are no air bubbles but also no real pressure in the pedal.

If you suspect the bleed nipple it might be worth upgrading to the HP Brake nipple kit.
BMW Part No. 77 02 8 543 065

I can get a quick video of mine operating later if it helps.

- Alex

Last edited:
I have had two S1000rr's 2016 + 2017 (due to a fault with the 16) and have found the rear is rubbish on both.
Understand the system brings in both when required so only ever use the front, although would use the rear if I could feel anything was happening back there

I can easily lock the rear at a race track.
I have had two S1000rr's 2016 + 2017 (due to a fault with the 16) and have found the rear is rubbish on both.
Understand the system brings in both when required so only ever use the front, although would use the rear if I could feel anything was happening back there

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back