Bargain HP4 NOT!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacRR

Reaction score
Happened upon a secondhand bike dealer I hadn't been into before this morning and won't be going into again, spotted an HP4 Carbon so felt duty bound to have a look over it, I've seen learner bikes better looked after and with less tat thrown at them, but best of all the price, 17 grand.......

HP4RHS.jpg

HP4LHS.jpg

Tbh it doesn?t look that bad. Motografix kit looks balls but protects the paint and can be took off. If it?s low miles and all the original kit comes with it then it should be worth 16.5k to 17k

Its covered in marks, disc bolts, chain adjusters etc all corroded, thought it was crap tbh

I have had 2 bmw cars with no issues. Still have one and it has no issues. ‘Full of faults’ is fairly damning, I guess you have had problems, what issues have you had with bmw cars?

On a separate note, no interest in my hp4 despite it being in truly mint condition, 15k miles for a 5 year old bike appears to be too much mileage, 3000 miles a year is nothing, puts me off wanting to buy anything collectable because you cant actually use it before selling it on. Bonkers.

I've done 400k miles in 6 BMW cars in the last 15 years, no issues worth mentioning

had 5 in total

So I take it 4 were great and 1 not so? If I thought a product was full of faults I wouldn't keep chucking money at new ones hoping to find a good one.

Just my 2p worth, ohh and I have 3 BMW cars and 2 bikes at the moment and the only thing I have found wrong is that the front bumpers don't like French kerbstones but I assume that is not some German designers fault, lol.

Hope your next one is a goody.

JimmyMac

Yeah its better then my replica just has a more refined feel about it.

Spent today adding some mods and cleaning her properly as under the fairings its was minging

IMG_0946.jpgIMG_0947.jpg

Back