Hello everyone

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trvnks

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have just ordered a new S1000RR SPORT, and still struggling to find insurance, as I have no NCD at all. Not because I have made a claim, I just haven't ride a bike for a year. I am 24, 25 next month, and I got an insurance quote from Bikesure of 2,350 pounds :blue:. I have tried a few comparators but can't get anything else. Does anyone have any advice on this? Any "open-minded" insurer?

Anyway, hello and hopefully can exchange some good info on the forum!

Did you try BMW motorrad insurance?

Otherwise, SORN it and use it on track only for some time.
In 6 month try again with lower value of the bike.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately given your age and lack of NCD/riding experience a sub ?2k quote is going to be challenging.
That being said, I would recommend contacting MCE as in my experience (given my age) they have consistently been the cheapest broker. Additionally it is worthwhile contacting BeMoto (our forum favourite), as they are superb to deal with, though in my experience I was told that unless you?re over 30 they aren?t competitive with MCE (still worth a go though).

I would recommend raising the voluntary excess considerably, this can only be done when contacting the broker directly though.
When I first insured my RR, I had a ?2K excess in order to achieve a quote of ?1450. However, I had 3 years NCD at the time.
Unfortunately insurance premiums on superbikes will be high until you?re over 30 and have 5 years NCD.

Best of luck with your insurance and I hope you enjoy the forum, there?s a wonderful community on here and loads of information [emoji4]

Oli

Hello everyone!

I have just ordered a new S1000RR SPORT, and still struggling to find insurance, as I have no NCD at all. Not because I have made a claim, I just haven't ride a bike for a year. I am 24, 25 next month, and I got an insurance quote from Bikesure of 2,350 pounds :blue:. I have tried a few comparators but can't get anything else. Does anyone have any advice on this? Any "open-minded" insurer?

Hi, welcome to the forum, surprised you didn't check the insurance before ordering? Best of luck finding something but it won't be cheap as Oli says

Welcome,

I'm 22 years old and have 1 year no claims, I pay 1700 for my Insurance, give bikesure a go, it's who I'm with

Hello everyone!

Hold of on insuring it until you are 25, the reductions should be fairly substantial.

You can always run through a quote and adjust your age to see what the difference will be.

I?m 26, 3 years ncb, fully comp insurance for 580 quid (excess 500)

Just remember to play around with job titles etc.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, welcome to the forum, surprised you didn't check the insurance before ordering? Best of luck finding something but it won't be cheap as Oli says

When I spoke to Cubomoto last week about my bike they said they get a lot of buyers who cant get affordable insurance so they wont often entertain enquiries from younger riders until they have had an acceptable insurance quote.

Last edited:
When I spoke to Cubomoto last week about my bike they said they get a lot of buyers who cant get affordable insurance so they wont often entertain enquiries from younger riders until they have had an acceptable insurance quote.

Blimey, it's changed a bit since I was 24, insured my new GSXR1100 for about ?150 fully comp I think..

Back