Selling nearly new S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trvnks

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum.

I have ordered a brand new S1000RR SPORT with all the extras except for the HP exhaust and the forged wheels.

The thing is, I am buying this using the discount my girlfriend has as she works for BMW, and my plan was to sell it after 6 months. Doing some calculations I am not sure if it is worth, but what specially concerns me is how difficult is gonna be to sell the bike.

So my question is, how difficult or how long do you think it would take to sell this bike in 6 months from now? I would try a price of 14,500, the cost new is 16,685. The bike will have around 1500-2000 miles.

Thank you in advance :D

Hi, you can buy the same spec new for ?14k if you shop around and in winter ex demos will be available for around ?13k based on what was being sold last winter. There will also be a new model launching in 2019 which may push gen3 values down a little towards the end of the year.

I have to agree. Margins a pretty small I believe so to make a profit I feel is going to be hard in a new bike. The only way you see people make money when buying new is demand at launch, and limited numbers. Then people who really want one might pay over the odds.

Unless your getting a mahoosive discount then it could work.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

After the VAT the bike is realistically worth 20% less on resale. Which makes a 17k bike worth 13.6k out of the gate.

Think you?ve taken 20% off the 17k giving you the 13.6 which is the wrong way about.

14,166 + 20% = ?17,000

i paid ?16300.00 for mine in motorsport colours with hp wheels and all the electrics 6 months ago. i dont think i would get near ?14500 now and ive the hp wheels.

Back