Torque settins

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
I'm assembling BST wheels on 2016 model. Could anyone help me with torque settings for:

1. Front braking rotor screws

2. Rear braking rotor screws

3. Rear sprocket carrier nuts

Do I need to use thread-locker for 1 and 2 ?

Torque Settings

1. 24 Nm (Tightened Diagonally).
2. 8 Nm (Medium Loctite).
3. 70 Nm (Additional 90? Turn).

Nb. Sensor Ring to Front Brake Disc: 4 Nm (Medium Loctite).

Re: Torque Settings

1. 24 Nm (Tightened Diagonally).
2. 8 Nm (Medium Loctite).
3. 70 Nm (Additional 90? Turn).

Nb. Sensor Ring to Front Brake Disc: 4 Nm (Medium Loctite).

I'm looking at 2015 service manual, it seems to have different torques for 1 and 3.

Brake disc to front wheel
Flat-head screw, M8 x 27 - 10.9, Replace screw
Thread-locking compound (Micro-encapsulated)
19 Nm

33 84 - Traction drive, chainwheel, belt wheel
Chain sprocket to chain-sprocket carrier
M12 x 1.5 - 10, Replace nut
Thread-locking compound (mechanical)
110 Nm

Puzzled a bit...

Actually I've just read your other posts on this forum regarding 3. It's all clear now.

Torque Settings

There are two sets of torque settiings for BMW wheels (Cast and Forged). The ones I posted above are for HP brake discs, carriers etc. Use those if you are swapping discs from HP Forged to BST wheels.

BST Wheels

When you fit them for the first time be careful not to foul the wheel against the rear brake caliper when slotting it in as the lacquer scratches easily.

Re: Torque Settings

There are two sets of torque settiings for BMW wheels (Cast and Forged). The ones I posted above are for HP brake discs, carriers etc. Use those if you are swapping discs from HP Forged to BST wheels.

One more dumb question, how do you correctly torque nuts on sprocket ? Do you have to use a spanner in the bolt ? Otherwise, when I'm trying to tighten a nut, it is loosely spinning.

Sounds reasonable to use a spanner.
Needs to be braced somehow.

And yeah learning for yourself is better.

- Alex

if i were you i would get someone to do it,

Actually it's easy....

Untitled-1.jpg

I dont disagree and I actually quite upset with BST for not providing a good install manual for 2k that you pay for the wheels.

Wow. For ?12.50 you can download the entire bmw service dvd rom with all the torque information and procedures for your bike in the premier members area.

So, for everyone's future reference, torque setting on carrier nuts on BST wheels is 40nm.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Was it an easy process? I have just ordered front and rear disks/pads... will be on the to-do list next week if anyone one wants to come over and give me a hand.. I make a good curry :)

Last edited:
Brake Discs

It's very easy and doesn't take long at all to change brake discs and pads.

Re: Brake Discs

It's very easy and doesn't take long at all to change brake discs and pads.

I still have not got the knack to put the rear wheel on myself.... last time it was 20 mins of sweat in the garage ;-)

I just could not get the bits aligned, with the tyre resting on my steel toe caps just to give me a extra few inches :grief:

Last edited:
Wheel Changes

Perseverance and patience is key and the more you do it the easier it becomes. When you fit the rear wheel just make sure that the rear brake pads are separated before you lift the wheel into position. Hold it in place and simply slot the axle through and hook the chain back over the sprocket.

I haven't fitted the wheels to a motorbike yet. But as far as I understand, it's an easy process.
I need to fit tires on them first, which I will do with the help of a tire guy at Donny on Tuesday.

I'm going to change front and rear pads over the weekend myself.

It's a step by step process. You do one thing today, second thing tomorrow and so on. Slowly but surely, you learn how things work and it becomes automatic.

Was it an easy process? I have just ordered front and rear disks/pads... will be on the to-do list next week if anyone one wants to come over and give me a hand.. I make a good curry :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back