Freudys Italian Jaunt

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreudianSlip

Reaction score
I'm off for a couple of weeks travelling down to Portsmouth, across to Caen, down through France via Limoges (stopping there for a few days) and then to Florence via some as-yet-to-be-determined route and around Italy, returning when i can be arsed :)

As much as I'd love to do a jimmy-esque thread about my forthcoming adventures, I'm no wordsmith and certainly no photographer, although I promise to bore the shi7e out of you all on my return. I may get the occasional chance to bore you mid-journey but it'll be sporadic if at all.

Safe and happy travels! Hope you have as much if not more fun than we did in Scotland last weekend!

- Alex

Wow.. what an experience.. (I'm back home safe btw, ty for the comments).

I covered just over 4000 kilometres over 17 days (only 8 of them saw me in the saddle) as I travelled down from home (Mansfield) to Portsmouth -> Caen -> Limoges -> Grenoble -> Sanremo -> Pisa -> Florence -> Lans (Innsbruck) -> Metz -> Dunkirk -> Home.

Almost ran out of fuel whilst caught in the *worst* rain storm I've ever witnessed, saw snakes, lakes, waterfalls, snowcapped mountains, horrendous traffic, almost endless empty roads, sweated in 32 degree heat, shivered in 9 degree temps whist wet and doing a ton, rode twisties and horizon long straights, found a couple of excellent hotels, and a few crap ones. Bored myself to death on a few motorways, discovered aches and pains where aches and pains didn't exist before, almost got wiped out a couple of times, but almost wiped others out too, drunk myself to oblivion twice (in good company), met a few biker peeps of all walks of life .. all in all .. fantastic.

My new Roadtecs are now square though - could do with one of you racer types taking my bike out to put some less acute-angled shoulders on my rear tyre. Bike is in need of a good service and a bloody good clean and I'm looking forward to riding it again, but without the fat child sat over the back wheel. The bike didn't put a foot wrong, despite my ham-fisted wrestling of it at times. Tyres gripped, fuel economy was wonderful (thank god for that! .. I may have broken my previous 'fill-up' record, i need to check...). It started, ran and stopped flawlessly even though the Italian fuel seemed on the 'agricultural' side. Have to say that pulling out of the services on the autobahn on full chatter, accelerating to 150mph with a fat bloke and a heavy tailpack in a matter of seconds made me smile at the awesome capability of these bikes.

Can't wait for the next one...

Back