Hp4 running like a pig until 6k rpm

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gappo Mancini

Reaction score
Hi All,

Bike hasn't been right since getting the CCT (cam chain tensioner) replaced. I got it Dyno'd recently and here are the results.

She is running way too lean on fuel up to 6000rpm. I have a pc5 ordered to fix this up and get a bespoke map for the bike (2013 hp4 carbon) but my concern is am I only masking over a problem that's still there with the ECU? It's had a full diagnostics check and nothing showing up, also my mechanic also a friend has assured me there is nothing mechanical wrong with bike so it is definitely an electrical issue. I have also had 4 new plugs and a coil replaced which as it happens wasn't faulty but only loose in the rubber gromet once taken out???

Has anyone had any experience with such electrical issues with fueling, I've put back on the cat link pipe in attempt to clear it but it's still the same. Also with the decat link pipe that was on it there was no issue in the 5000km I've put up on it since getting it, this issue has only occurred since changing CCT as said.

Thanks in advance.
G.
53749b7ee943d7bbcc1167097b40ec53.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's still the smaller injectors on at least one cylinder that need flow testing.
There is NOTHING else I would do except get all 8 injectors removed and flow tested (that checks their performance too).

The smaller injectors work on their own till the demands of the throttle/rpm require the larger secondary injectors to start working... I'll bet on them cutting in around 6000rpm on that dyno pull.

It's still the smaller injectors on at least one cylinder that need flow testing.
There is NOTHING else I would do except get all 8 injectors removed and flow tested (that checks their performance too).

The smaller injectors work on their own till the demands of the throttle/rpm require the larger secondary injectors to start working... I'll bet on them cutting in around 6000rpm on that dyno pull.
All injectors have been checked and cleared Alex, I too was full sure it was an injector issue until my mechanic said otherwise. You are right though, if it is an injector the issue will still show up even with the custom map.

Thanks Alex.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back