f&&&&ng Scrotes

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutl3y

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Had my s1krr nicked today from a hospital underground car park.
alarmed/immobilised steering lock, gone. bike has a crack in the fairing right infront of the left hand indicator around 2 n half inches long if anyone sees it around the Reading area.
gutted aint the word
Mut

Very sorry to hear that, hope your insurers cough up a fair amount quickly

Gutted for you. Assuming its not found (do check places ot could pushed to and get cctv if possible).

I hope the insurance claim is smooth and you get back on a new one soon.

- Alex

Was in reading today.
Is it a multi coloured s1k?

Feel your pain bud. Had 2 going missing this year

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Very sorry to hear this Mut, as the guys have said I hope your insurance company are painless to deal with and provide a decent price

what you think i should be looking at before excess before i get ripped off?
bike was a 17 sport model with 2300 miles on clocks, 10 months old, standard stocker.

i do have a full set of GB racing protection up for grabs now never fitted, open for offers (its the race kit not road) if i don't get another s1krr
cheers Mut

So sorry to hear you lost it.

As for price, was it bought from dealer with all the normal new or approved used extras like warranty and recovery etc. If so look at what a dealer is selling one for, when insurers offer you X amount tell them to go and buy you one from a dealer with the same spec and support, if they can't then their offer is not a true market value offer.

Just to give you an idea my local BMW dealer has a 17 plate, 2200 miles up for ?12995.

Really hope you get sorted and get another S1krr, but if you don't I'd be interested in the GB bits

Really sorry to read this mut. Regarding insurance find 2 or 3 bikes on the net for sale that are equivalent to purchase and the insurer usually obliges on the valuation as posted above. Let us know how you get on.

My insurance (bemoto) found 2 bikes with same age and miles and paid out the average

Hi Andy its black and grey
just seen cctv footage, f%^&*(s had the balls to walk it up the ramp out of the car park, round the front of the main entrance and down the road. thing I'm confused with is how they disable the alarm? rip it out? always had alarm on so not sure how they got around that, any ideas?
cheers for support fellas
Mut

A few months ago our demo S1000R was stolen from a customer's house (and subsequently recovered by the police after being abandoned). The pillion seat had been cut through and the alarm ripped out.

With mine they came with a torx and undone my main seat and disconnected the battery, then they pulled the rear seat and removed the 2 relays for horn and indicators before unclipping the alarm. Cut ground anchor and muffled the disc lock until they got the bike in the van. That was drilled off at a later date.

Hi Andy its black and grey
just seen cctv footage, f%^&*(s had the balls to walk it up the ramp out of the car park, round the front of the main entrance and down the road. thing I'm confused with is how they disable the alarm? rip it out? always had alarm on so not sure how they got around that, any ideas?
cheers for support fellas
Mut

Sorry to hear about this Mut.

The BMW Alarm Just unplugs, you could unplug it and throw it away. The bike would still be immobilised, but it would be quiet.

On a side note, while the BMW Alarm is convenient as it communicates with the immobiliser, it?s not nearly as good as something like a Datatool S4g which will scream the second the wiring is disturbed and is (almost) hard wired.

If they want it, they'll get it ... Damn !

With mine they came with a torx and undone my main seat and disconnected the battery, then they pulled the rear seat and removed the 2 relays for horn and indicators before unclipping the alarm. Cut ground anchor and muffled the disc lock until they got the bike in the van. That was drilled off at a later date.

Really sorry to hear about this, it's a disgrace.

As the bike is less then a year old you might be able to push them for a new replacement. I have read somewhere that under a certain age it's possible can't quite remember the details though.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Really sorry to hear about this, it's a disgrace.

As the bike is less then a year old you might be able to push them for a new replacement. I have read somewhere that under a certain age it's possible can't quite remember the details though.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Hi Jimmy,
read my policy and its 9 months or under for a new bike , it went 9 months and 3 weeks :(
its 4 years to protect your no claims and i'm 6 weeks from that so all in all its a sh*&&^r.
insurance have agreed to pay out at market value but still waiting on a valuation, but looking on mcn and ebay bikes raging from 13200-14200ish for same milage and spec so fingers crossed.
Mut

Back