A couple in niggles.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skynet-T800

Reaction score
Today I pulled the bike out to clean it and it started up fine.

I removed the caliper bolts to replace them with pro bolt ones. I Removed the lower fairing and tried to give the bike a good clean.

I did clean the side stand near the electrics also and went to fire up the bike and it wouldnt turn over! dash wash showing and cranking for about a second?

Now while I was cleaning I left the ignition on probably not more than 1 hour tops to stop that bloody alarm arming itself. Would that drain the battery?

I put it on the optimate for a few mins and it fired up but is now showing as ABS not working?? Have I knocked a sensor or something???

I will check the battery connectors tomorrow also.

You may have drained the battery. Leave it charging and see what it does tomorrow. You may need to ride it up and down the street to clear any faults that are just electrical gremlins. Doubtful you have done anything to the abs, swapping the caliper bolts would have no effect on that unless you removed the calipers and inadvertently damaged the abs ring sensor.

Leaving the bike switched on for an hour while cleaning it is pointless, you could have gone through the menu and turned the alarm off in 5 minutes tops. I doubt the battery would have survived for an hour, you've drained it! But, if not, then given everything else you've done, i'd check the sensors that are looking at the rotors are clear and not covered in gunk first. If they're clean, and the rotors are clean with no obstructions, I'd disconnect the battery, re-connect after a couple of minutes, then try again with a fully charged battery. If you're still having problems....dealer!

ABS Issue

You may want to check if you have switched off ABS. If you have the ABS warning light will flash.

Back