Dunlop sport smart TT

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blitz

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new Dunlops TT?s
On track or road yet. I?m thinking of getting some as I want to do a couple track days this year, and would like a tyre I don?t need to keep changing.
Thanks

These and the new Pirelli Corsa II's (+ Metz K3 RR's) do seem the optimum Hypersport tyre for fast dry road and track.
I don't think you can go wrong to be honest especially if they are like the inspiring D212's I use on track.

I've got a set on order from Oponeo, should be fitted next week...

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Yes I'm interested to hear how the TTs perform and last, liking the rounder profile of my RS10's v the more V shaped Metzeler from a steering point of view, I believe the Dunlops have a similar round profile?

Last edited:
Yes I'm interested to hear how the TTs perform and last, liking the rounder profile of my RS10's v the more V shaped Metzeler from a steering point of view, I believe the Dunlops have a similar round profile?

How many miles do you think the RS10 will last on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do these dunlop tts "fit in"? Ie more track biased than the sportsmart 2s? Or between 212 gp pro and the gp racer?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Where do these dunlop tts "fit in"? Ie more track biased than the sportsmart 2s? Or between 212 gp pro and the gp racer?

Between 212 & SportSmarts.

No warmers required. Road Legal...but probably wouldn't want to use on the wet.

- Alex

Tyres received. Excellent service from Oponeo [emoji3] They look trick I must say...

More of a 'V' profile than the Sportsmart...
f66affe4934796f3551e587f6cf94f81.jpg
4d3847441700ec024c93e3ad8d573fa5.jpg

Tyres received. Excellent service from Oponeo [emoji3] They look trick I must say...

More of a 'V' profile than the Sportsmart...
f66affe4934796f3551e587f6cf94f81.jpg
4d3847441700ec024c93e3ad8d573fa5.jpg

I really didnt like the v profile on the bm, loved it on the r1 though. Hence why i stuck with the m7rr and the sportsmart 2s

Pic of my front RS10 for comparison, I think the profiles look pretty similar?

Attachments

• RS10.jpg
    RS10.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 77
  • RS10v2.jpg
    RS10v2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Agree the front looks very similar. I think the rear is more v shaped than the Sportsmart 2 I ran on a previous bike.

Well I fitted a set of TT?s and on the road they are really good, the front feels likely it?s got load of grip, turns in lovely and is very stable. It?s the best front tyre I?ve had.
The backs the same but I let the pressure down a bit because it felt harsh over Big bumps.
I also did a track day at Silverstone and didn?t use tyre warmer, with the lower pressure in the tyres 31f, 28r it was a bit wobbly for the first lap but after that they were really good, plenty good enough to run at the front of the inters and go in the fast group
98193e469fcdb3359861e8764851cb83.jpg

I had a set fitted 2 weeks ago, very impressed with the confidence they give on the road. Tons of grip and stability.

I have so much more confidence compared to the S21s I was running previously. Highly recommended.

I had a set fitted 2 weeks ago, very impressed with the confidence they give on the road. Tons of grip and stability.

I have so much more confidence compared to the S21s I was running previously. Highly recommended.

Yes that?s what I thought, and the steering is a lot lighter than the S21s.
If I get 2k out of them I?ll be happy

Fitted mine a couple of thousand miles ago and massive amount of grip, had m7rr on before and never got near the edge of the tyre until these. Get warm quick and grip is amazing, will be swapping my new bikes tires out straight away for a set. Was going to try the rosso but garage recommended these and price wasn’t to bad either as much cheaper than pirellis.

not too bad in the wet, a little skittish but ok if you don’t push to hard

So what mileage do you reckon you would get out of a rear, well over 2000?

Back