Torque Wrench

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I knew this day would come. After only 5.5 years of owning chain driven bikes I need to adjust the chain tension. I have never done this before, because I've never had to. I check it all the time, and it's never been out of tolerance. The principle is simple, time to practice it - I know to make sure I change both sides evenly or bad things will happen.

Thing is, I don't have the tools for the job, but been wanting to become more self sufficient anyway... so... to be able to loosen off both front and rear wheel nuts, with their differing nut/bolt types, what do I need to buy? I'm aware that this is not an area to be cheap, but for occasional use, what's a good brand? I assume 3/8s is good enough? Any good wrech and socket sets worth considering?

Cheers

Rick

I have the Halfords professional range but you require both wrenches to cover all sizes.
They had good reviews and have a lifetime warranty, I?m more than happy with mine.
I also have the socket set, keep an eye on Halfords as they discount them by 50% over holiday periods.
I waited for ages so the torque wrenches would be reduced but they never were.

Last edited:
No, but I?ve been known to have every tool out the box to remove the battery....
LOL.
But I just meant a list for Rick.
34mm socket
T30 Torx
24mm axle hex (giant allen key bit)
Etc

- Alex

Last edited:
[emoji23]

You can pop over and use my bits...

Also, my mate work in Halfords in Sutton - I can ask her for “staff discount” ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Amit, I'll email you to arrange something, and I can buy some tools later. I've also shared the video of the session on track with you. Nothing in it that would suggest a cause for the marking on your tyres I think...

Back