44 Teeth HP4 Race

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good on him. I would given the opportunity.

- Alex

I agree with what you said, in that if one has the means to really enjoy it for what it is than there?s no better bike out there. If I had the money to run one I wouldn?t give it a second thought.
I hope he enjoys it to the fullest and I look forward to seeing lots of amazing video content with it in future

3k is a lot of tds. 150 ish miles a day is 20 tds. I havnt done that in 3 yrs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you do foreign trackdays how many miles per trip do you tend to do?

If you do foreign trackdays how many miles per trip do you tend to do?
250 miles ish or a trip to the medical centre, which ever comes first [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'd expect 10x 3 day trips out of it. I.e. 300miles at a time.

But again thats just a warranty period. Doesn't mean its going to explode at 3001...

- Alex

Just watched the 44 vid, 12 grand on a replacement engine is a lot but the bigger thing is if you damage the frame the bikes a write off, which for a track only bike is not an unlikely thing to happen - you need deep pockets to not have to worry about that. Beautiful piece of engineering though.

Just watched the 44 vid, 12 grand on a replacement engine is a lot but the bigger thing is if you damage the frame the bikes a write off, which for a track only bike is not an unlikely thing to happen - you need deep pockets to not have to worry about that. Beautiful piece of engineering though.

Indeed, though I?m still not sure after watching the video as to why one would bother replacing the whole engine for ?12K, simply for the engine warranty.
Would?ve thought it make more sense to have the engine refreshed/re-blueprinted at the appropriate time for a fraction of the cost?

Re the frame, you?d certainly want to have covers and bump-stops etc to keep it as protected as practically possible.
Though as you say one would have to have very deep pockets to genuinely use an HP4-Race as intended.

For me one of the highlights of the video was when Sep said ?not yet? for the carbon wheels, I?d like to believe that?s a hint the next gen S1000 range HP wheels will be carbon rather than forged aluminium [emoji41]

Bought with his heart and good for him, I say.
Everyone will be able to judge if it was a wise move when the 2019 Gen4 gets tested alongside the HP4Race.
For now, he?s got the best.

Bought with his heart and good for him, I say.
Everyone will be able to judge if it was a wise move when the 2019 Gen4 gets tested alongside the HP4Race.
For now, he?s got the best.
I don't think anything will get close in the next 5 years for shear out of the box pace.

- Alex

Thought I'd pop to Bahnstormers
7f8c9bc5524b70dab9da8a781668d46c.jpg

- Alex

Back