44 Teeth HP4 Race

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not as such, Bahnstormers were doing an open day and Chris/Baron was there too, had a good chat about various things, bikes trackdays etc. He took delivery of 33/750 this past week, so is as giddy as a kid in a sweet shop :-D

He was saying someone bought 3 including 007...

Any hoo I then went for a blat on an R9T :) it took a while to enjoy as its so different. That boxer, is punchy ;)

Just got home and there's a grinding noise from the front brakes on my RR, so I think I've had my monies worth from the PFC95 pads. They did not like the rain in Scotland so won't use again on the road.
583e659817376fc05994d287ddc3dc32.jpg
8e82e86648d57754320b2914ef287c6e.jpg
c49b5423ce6d4755a2f02971ed82311b.jpg
28e69be4b233ae545ae878f8b281f52a.jpg

- Alex

Last edited:
Oddly enough I did a test ride on an F800R Sport (for my daughter who's turning 19 soon, so can do her A2 license) on Saturday from Pidcock BMW in Nottingham, and I took out an XR (again) identical to the red one above. We were 2-up and the XR handled lovely - with loads of poke.

If we didnt like the F800, I was going to treat myself to the XR, but 2 things happened.. 1) my daughter gave me the puppy-dog eyes, so of course, I melted, and 2) the XR, as good as it is (and it is really good) just didn't make my hair stand up like the RR (but then again, I don't suppose its designed to do that). I've resigned myself to another year without an XR but will keep a peepie open just in case a bargain one comes along.

Top bike Towers, looks lovely.

I had a a nineT Scrabbler out when my bike was in for service, I got to say I loved the boxer engine.

It was soaking wet and you could light the rear wheel up out of every roundabout!

If I had money for the ultimate bike garage I think I would defently have a nineT in it.

I had a a nineT Scrabbler out when my bike was in for service, I got to say I loved the boxer engine.

It was soaking wet and you could light the rear wheel up out of every roundabout!

If I had money for the ultimate bike garage I think I would defently have a nineT in it.

I'm not sold - but it's soo different it would take a while - couldn't shift properly with it (except clutchless upshifts on the power) - trying to blend the revs and clutch release, slowing my inputs down was very hit and miss. I think a triple would be more up my street.

Switzerland have a massive stack of weird rules, many of which I watched my mate casually ignore, and then express surprise when the letters came through. Those included:
- don't flush the loo after either 9 or 10pm
- don't take rubbish out on a Sunday
- no washing machines allowed - as almost everyone lives in flats you just book an appointment (or worse still sometimes just get told when its yours) with the washing machine in the basement. Oh, and don't steal anyone else's appt, even if they aren't using it.............

Even better than that, I know a girl who was prepping for a trip, and left her passport out in the kitchen, where it disappeared and she had to cancel her trip. The mystery of what happened was solved when she got the following fineS through the post:
1. Throwing paper into the wrong recycling bin
2. Improper disposal of an official document
...and after she'd paid these fines she asked for her passport back - they said they'd destroyed it, so add a passport application to the costs....

BvG was going significantly above the speed limit so he can't argue (and to be fair I don't think he was, not with being caught anyway...)...but punishment seems way too harsh for the crime. Having said that, there was a post on the forum not too long ago where two RRs were facing the crusher for a similar speed in France...so (and I can't believe I am saying this...) maybe the crazy f*****d up Swiss aren't as unreasonable as all that... Even in the UK BvG might get a big fine, if they decided to means test it (up to 175% of weekly earnings)...perhaps not for the c. 90mph he was doing in the vid..

Last edited:
I never went crazy in Switzerland on my Blade....main reason, I wanted to take in the views...the E134 in Norway was different, thats a Waaaaaa Waaaaa road.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

90 in a 50 is something I suspect just about all of us do when out for a blast given the prevalence of 50mph limits on so many open roads nowadays but you should only do it on roads you know it will be safe and you won't get nabbed. I guess you'd get a court appearance for 40mph over the limit here and maybe even a ban? ?3k a huge fine nonetheless....

Latest posts

Back