Anti wheelie

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
I was chatting to my friendly bmw car sales guy this afternoon and he was telling me about another customer who had bought a bmw motorbike. The punter had been going on about all the amazing tech the bike has, particularly the anti wheelie, so he could pin the throttle and ride it pulling a wheelie down the road and the tech would keep it up and stop it flipping.

Cant wait for that one to be on youtube.....pmsl.

Maybe. Need to get a replacement runabout small car, thinking 5 door 1 series, rock n roll.

Car industry is not doing well so I want a very good deal and I dont think it will be forthcoming.

The vehicle sales side of things is just bizarre. Mini rant coming, please look away now:....

I went into Mercedes last year and sat down with a sales guy to explain I was interested in a particular variant, not heard a thing, they have had stock of what I was interested in.

I went into volvo a month ago and explained to the saleman exactly what I wanted and he said he would be in touch. Havent had a single call about any cars, even though they have stock listed on their website which would be of interest to me.

In a similar vein, I have been out helping a pal get back into road bikes from track only. He took a Triumph bobber out and loved it but the dealer would not go ?100 lower on the deal there and then so we walked away to think about it. Next up r9t and r9t racer/sport. He loved the r9t, got ?500 off and free fitting of any accessories, deal done.

I have had many other bad experiences with car and bike dealers when it comes to buying. Its like no fucker wants to sell me anything.

So I was taken aback when my guy from bmw (cars) left me a voicemail saying they had a good deal on the new version of my current family car. The database had flagged me up, which is basic stuff, but it will probably get them a sale because the rest of those muppets cant seem to manage that.

Rant over.

Hmmm, I suppose it depends on what your after, we bought a 335d through drive the deal last year for 11 grand below list on a 1.9% PCP, have you checked them out?

My lovely but dirty old Phaeton died late 2016 and I spent a while researching best solution for me and the family. Decided on a Skoda as I'd always been impressed with the no-bullsh*t approach over the years, and when they got a new design department recently, it was a no brainer.
After more research, I bought a new Superb for a 20% discount from 'Drive the deal dot com'. The dealer wasn't best pleased and frankly didn't want to give me the time of day, which is fair enough as I saved myself a tonne of (his) cash. I think the excessive discount was due to me buying an unusual spec that had been dissed in the press (I got the fast one, it's great BTW).
My brother is looking at buying a Fabia Monte Carlo at the mo (it creams the Polo) and the discount was not so good as they're quite popular.
Up-sum. I like Skodas and DTD made a new one very attractive.
Re. money, as a "respectable" middle aged man, I maxed out a couple of zero interest credit cards for the deposit and got the rest on Skodas zero % finance deal. 42 months later I'll still be paying zero interest. F*ck PCP.
BTW, at the risk of stating the bleedin obvious, don't buy a diesel (unless they give you a colossal discount).

Back