Pirelli Diablo Superbike 180/60 R17 SC2

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flup

Reaction score
I discovered that I had a flat tyre on the rear in the morning on the track before the start.
A 190 rear tyre wasn't available so I got advised to take a Pirelli Diablo Superbike 180/60 R17 SC2 by the organisation where I was riding with.

I did 3 sessions with it and all went well. But I read some different comments on riding on 180 rear on S1000RR.
The lean angle can be a problem on fast tracks. I can imagine smaller tyre less grip on track?

Thinking about what to do. Just ride it till the end or take my loss and try to sell it.

Tyre Size

I would personally remove it. You don't really want to be using a 180/60 tyre on a superbike especially as that size will be well outside of BMW's electronic parameters for DTC etc.

Never heard of someone recommending smaller than stock

- Alex

First time for me to change tyres so wasn't prepared because it was straight before start of the track day.

I would personally remove it. You don't really want to be using a 180/60 tyre on a superbike especially as that size will be well outside of BMW's electronic parameters for DTC etc.

Good to know thx.

+1. It's very poor advice and I suspect it was given by someone simply wanting to sell a tyre...

Think so now... was a bit hectic before start so trusted the guy on his advise...
There where some other issue's that day whit the organisation which made me think that they only care about the money.

Back