Hi from Belfast.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

brg1000

Really like the new S1000RR but is it worth all that money. I have a 1994 RC45 and the new BM will cost me the 45.... Do I or dont I?

Depends what you want from a bike...
The RR will never be a classic, but it's far more capable.

Really like the new S1000RR but is it worth all that money. I have a 1994 RC45 and the new BM will cost me the 45.... Do I or dont I?

Alright mate, where about in Belfast are you! I?m from Belfast myself!

I just bought one at the start of jan 2018 one and it hasn?t disappointed me in the slightest absolutely love it mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum!

As Alex says, they are two totally different bikes. Ultimately it comes down to what you personally want from a bike and your riding experience.

IF you are genuinely in the market for a new sportbike for road and/or road + track use, then in my personal opinion the S1000RR is still the gold standard.
That being said, if you are likely to keep your next bike long term, then I would strongly advise waiting until the all-new RR is launched in 2019.

Best of luck with your deliberations and enjoy the forum [emoji4]

Oli

My initial thought is don't. what do you want out of a bike that the RC doesn't do?

Back