Check this

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds like you have a 28mm spacer when you should have a 25mm one. Or something between the swingarm bolt points which is reducing the available space.

I would take the whole back end apart, remove the spacers etc

on the second lot of pictures with the spacer fit, you can see the spacer isnt touching the center tube. it should be up against this. my guess is the spacer inside the sprocket carrier isnt right or the bearing on the sprocket carrier is wrong.

on the second lot of pictures with the spacer fit, you can see the spacer isnt touching the center tube. it should be up against this. my guess is the spacer inside the sprocket carrier isnt right or the bearing on the sprocket carrier is wrong.

Nothing has ever been changed tho..everything is stock.. with the exception of the new spacers I fitted earlier but they are an exact match

i take this back, i mean it should be up against the bearing with no gap and the bearing against the inner tube. do you have hp and standard wheels? is the spacer the same for both or is it slightly different and youve picked up the wrong one?

It sounds like you have a 28mm spacer when you should have a 25mm one. Or something between the swingarm bolt points which is reducing the available space.

I would take the whole back end apart, remove the spacers etc

I will pull it apart tomorrow again..I will need to call Dalkeith for a chat with a mechanic.. maybe get a few pointers off them..

Visual inspection this morning.. everything correct and located properly...took wheel off again and discovered rhs bearing is as rough as ****...in complete contrast to lhs and carrier bearings which have nice smooth resistance...rhs is really notchy and rough..had my mate confirm and a lad at local garage... I said nothing but asked both of them to rotate either of the bearings.. both confirmed what I've suspected last few days rhs must have some lateral movement under compression, hence spacer almost fusing to rim.

Dropped rim off to Dalkeith..bearings, seal and circlip on order for Tuesday...hopefully get rim back no later than Friday as I'm off and won't get over before then. Normally the rhs spacer sits neatly inside hub with roughly 2 mil gap to the wheel...any wear on that bearing and the spacer will brush against recess lip, seems thats been the problem..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back