Check this

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Fitted these Yoshi blocks the other day..bearing in mind Ive had the back wheel off this bike dozens of times for new chain..servicing...tyres etc.. so it was a simple remove and slide axle pin out swap over rhs oe block for yoshi block slip in the spacer...fit sprocket and spacer ..lined caliper up... slipped pin back in fitted lhs yoshi block and washer check over...all good, spinning freely...adjust chain..torque to 100nm.... was going to go for a blast tonight heard noises from rear end as I wheeled her out and decided to inspect... took a few mins to see this...wtf ! Initially I cracked the axle nut and the wheel span beautifully...nipped it up again and found it quite tight... what the hell has happened ... any ideas.. my rear wheel is badly chewed where the rhs spacer sits in...can only think it's the adjuster blocks.. any ideas lads ?
f8894b4c4098961e315bc38f16d8d9ce.jpg
206c16af6a72014c5e1e1e723ee25793.jpg
00ce0941188b21c9bfb6c4c3117428e0.jpg
f2d6452749b194b4650d37dbb3f668dd.jpg
f4514f9b78435cc2b53273336acba4f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Is your torque wrench ok? Surely thats been overtightened? Whats the thread on the axle like? Is there any damage or wear on it?

Last edited:
Na everything is all good just the spacer and rim lip... that wrench is maybe 18 months old..always zeroed after use, so doubt it's that Soof..I'm really stuck for answers on this one.. I have a new spacer, but it sits really tight against that edge now... jesus !.. I've checked a blow up of the rear assembly, I done it right, watched a vid, exactly as I put it together.. I've done it so many times before with no problems...

Anyone else have this problem ?

Last edited:
hows the spacer from the l/h side. that r/h one should push against the wheel center tube. i doubt its anything to do with the yoshi blocks as there on the outside of the swing arm

Is this the first time you have used the bike since you got it back from the dealer?

So I carefully levelled off the jagged pieces from the rim with my Dremel..not ideal but I had to do that so that I had a base to start from.. I placed both NEW spacers where they should be, removed the Yoshi blocks and replaced everything as it should.. ensuring the rear caliper slid on the carrier and the body slid freely on the guide pin..all good, had Neil my mate go over it with me just to cast an eye incase I had missed something, we double checked the lot.. spun the nut up hand tight and the rear wheel was spinning lovely... got my wrench out and started to load up the rear axle and the wheel started to seize up again..at this point I was nowhere near 100 nm..... continuing on the wheel is almost locked solid, it's almost as if something within the wheel bearing/shaft assembly is compressing beyond tolerance and the whole thing is seizing up... it must be something I am doing..has to be, or possibly something has given way bearing/spacer wise inside the hub.

Thoughts ?

No I was out all weekend Soof sure..500 miles or thereabouts.. funnily I heard this strange clunk a few times when I pulled up Monday night outside the house..it was from the back end... it wasn't that loud, but now that I think about it !.. Neil was with me and we were chatting as I slid the bike into the garage... pulling it out tonight I heard it again as I pushed her onto the driveway...hence where we are now...arghhhhhh

Last edited:
Not them FS, we reinstalled the originals...same thing now, it's actually even worse... I wonder if one of the bearings is starting to fall apart.. but looking in the hub theres nought visible...bearings seem to be rotating freely...

Last edited:
Also I had suspected I had fitted the blocks incorrectly...but I read that you can rotate them 180 degrees...so I knew instantly it wasn't that.. **** knows what it is... I'm going to look at an exploded view of the rear hub assembly and components to see if a spacer or shim is amiss.. saying that the back end on these things is pretty straightforward...

Last edited:
We need pictures of how it was installed.

Both sides and from underneath where the spacers are.

We need pictures of how it was installed.

Both sides and from underneath where the spacers are.

I'd need to go back out to the garage and disassemble it Alex... I'll do it tomorrow, but you now it only one in one way...doing my head in now...I'll call dalkeith in the morning

Do you use the original axle nut? Maybe the mechanical lock has failed so its overtorquing? Anyone who can let you try another oe nut nearby?

Last edited:
Do you use the original axle nut? Maybe the mechanical lock has failed so its overtorquing? Anyone who can let you try another oe nut nearby?

Same nut it came with..totally stock.. I have a stainless steel nut I could try...surely it can't be the nut, it was starting to bind when not even half tightened when we reassembled evrything back to standard.. I think possibly something has given way in the hub...

Last edited:
Back