BMW Newbie

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ts636

Reaction score
Hi and thanks for adding me to the Forum. Been riding for 40 years and just taken delivery of my first BMW, an S1000R Sport. I know I'm an R short but with the bikes having so many parts in common I thought it would be well worth while joining here. I'm based in the west of Scotland.

Och, what's a R between friends? Welcome along anyway =) We have a few non-RR folks here and some that don't even have a BMW! I'm sure with 40 years of riding under your belt you'll be able to add value and hopefully get some value back too.

Welcome along, I don't think we're too precious to not make room at the table as actually a few of the guys on here are lucky enough to have R's and RR's.

Welcome to the forum our fellow S1000 compatriot [emoji16]

It?s great to have you onboard!
As Freudy says, we have several members on here who have R?s or XR?s and/or aren?t current RR owners.
There?s a wonderful community on here and lots of information. I?m sure you?ll get loads from the forum, most of all you?ll make new friends [emoji4]

What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily and what are some standout bikes you?ve owned in the past? I imagine after 40 years on 2 wheels you?ve owned a fair few [emoji6]

Enjoy the forum and may you have many more happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum our fellow S1000 compatriot [emoji16]

It’s great to have you onboard!
As Freudy says, we have several members on here who have R’s or XR’s and/or aren’t current RR owners.
There’s a wonderful community on here and lots of information. I’m sure you’ll get loads from the forum, most of all you’ll make new friends [emoji4]

What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily and what are some standout bikes you’ve owned in the past? I imagine after 40 years on 2 wheels you’ve owned a fair few [emoji6]

Enjoy the forum and may you have many more happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Thanks for the welcome. Not as many bikes over the 40 years as you might think - I tend to keep them for a while. However in order they are Suzuki AP50, Kawasaki GPZ550, Honda VF750, gap to get married lol, Kawasaki GPZ305, Yamaha FZ750, Yamaha Thunderace, CCM R30, Kawasaki ZX6R, Suzuki GSXR1000 K8, Kawasaki ZZR1400 and S1KR.

Good Jim..not far away then..you'll drive by my door then on your way up Loch Lomondside...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah, was up that way at the weekend. Unfortunately kept going North and eventually left the good weather behind us. Did overnight Sunday in Ullapool then got drenched coming back down the road on Monday. Hit the sunshine again at the Green Welly only to get caught up in the Bank Holiday traffic on the Lochside. Still 700 miles in 2 days was a good christening for the bike after its first service last week.

Lol that sounds like our last attempt at the NC500..

We hit the traffic on the Loch around 7.25pm at Inverbeg Monday...16 miles solid to my front door..I had the usual big cocky smile on my face as we sat around 50 ish mph on the opposite side of the road all the way home with the occasional pull in to allow oncoming cars to pass.. think we got in around 7.50pm. Don't you just love being a biker, it wrapped up a belter of a day for us.. I done just over 500 mls at the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back