Hi ya, waiting for bike to be delivered

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chocolatier

Reaction score
Having been a S1000XR rider for a couple of years I needed to get back to a sport bike, and the best possible option is the RR Sport in Racing Red and Light White.

Just waiting for dealer to check it all over and give me a call to say come and collect, as it was their demo bike its fully loaded and only 300 miles on the clock. Can't fault now Lind Motorrad in Norwich have treated me over the last few years.

Welcome along.

I'm seriously considering an XR as a 2nd bike (if finances will stretch) as I think I need something a little more sensible. Can you tell me how much you got for the bike in trade in so I can go beat Tim @ Lind up for a good deal :) .

What's made you 'need' to get back on a sportsbike btw? Riding position, handling, top end thrill? Just curious.

Cheers for the welcome Freudian, I'm guessing the XR will be up at about 10k, just had big service last week, luggage etc. The reason Im changing is the XR is every bit as manic as the RR but sat upright. However its a tall bike and top heavy, my wife finds it hard to get on with the top box as she has a duff hip :(

So I thought if I'm going to have a bike thats a sports bike I might as well have one that looks sporty rather than an adventure style, and of course the extra fun that the RR will bring when on track, though passing some RR's round the outside on the XR was fun at Snetterton :)

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

I test rode an XR a while back and throughly enjoyed it, though I remember feeling glad to be back on my RR after [emoji6]
I?m sure you?ll be wholly satisfied with your new RR. @MacRR and his wife are probably the best qualified dynamic duo for Sportbike pillion advice as regularly ride together. I believe the Renntec grab rail comes highly recommended.

Snetterton is a great track, it?s been far too long since I last did a track day!
Hopefully meet you on a rideout and/or track day in future.

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you and your wife have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Hi shooter welcome to the forum, yep no worries riding two up on the RR assuming your Mrs isn't 6ft tall(!), put a grab rail on and you'll find the bikes capable of doing some distance in comfort although you'll have to be economical with the luggage :)

Thanks for that Mac, luckily the wife is well under 6'. I will look into the grab rail, though she hated the one I fitted to our last sport bike

Latest posts

Back