Tank Grips

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?ve got TechSpec Snake Skin tank traction pads, they?ve lasted well and are good quality.
However, if I was purchasing again I would go for StompGrip Super Volcano pads as they offer greater grip

Need a cheap set as am planning to paint my tank next year. Any suggestions?

I have a set, I think R and G. You’re welcome to have them Huge.
Ill look tonight and confirm what they are.

Yes they are R and G.
I got these when I bought my bike as Stompgrip wasn?t available in the UK at that time. Of course, they became available just after I bought them!
PM me your address and I?ll send them down if they are any use to you.
c4b732160faeae1bd025951ede69f4ef.jpg
2249fa2570ecf3e3416b5b1af03f7739.jpg

Sooo, I was going to post in a new thread, but then I found this. At last week's Snetters track day I became convinced that my off the peg leathers didn't fit me properly, as I managed to scrape both my calf and upper thigh (!!!!!!!!) against the ground, but not the knee sliders - all the pics I've seen of the day reassure me that my body is in approximately the right position, and Alex followed me for a bit too, but ignore body position for this thread...we're talking stompgrips here...

I found a place near Aldershot (Hill4Leather), and went to see them today to have a look at my gear. Sure enough the trousers on my 2 piece need some adjustment, inc 2 inches taken out above the knee to make sure the knee is properly protected. I'm looking forward to seeing how they fit when they've been redone. However, the first thing the guy said when he saw my leathers was that I clearly hung on tight to a bike with Stompgrips - he was right about that, but he was concerned - he said that the knobbles in the stomps were going to go through my leathers very quickly, and that I should change them asap. As is they were wearing an elasticated area, expensive to fix...

Anyone has experience of stomp related issues with their leathers? I do have the knobbly grips on my bike, never really noticed if there are smoother alternatives?

Back