New Member Glasgow

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe_bloggs

Reaction score
Evening all just bought a new S1000RR, had it for a few days now, still running it in but with the weather being good have 300 miles on it so far.

Traded a 2016 Fireblade in for the S1000.

Cheers John

Welcome John, you've picked a great time to be getting to know a new bike. Sun's been awesome.

Thanks Alex its been a long winter for sure, I had not planned going out tonight but had a great run down the coast. Will be taking the S1000RR to the NW200 and Ulster GP just need to see whats the best options regarding luggage, not that I'll be taking much, probably get away with a tankbag.

Cheers John

The Wunderlich Sport Tankbag is probably the most highly rated. However its small.

The BMW tail bag is really good, 35L, moulds around the tail seat. Its about 200 notes though.

- Alex

Cheers Alex have seen the plates that replace the seat that a bag can be strapped to, will put a post up and see what comes of it.

- John

Welcome John.. I'm in Dumbarton. Where in Glasgow you from ?. I've both the Wunderlich and The BM tail pack both excellent as Alex says, however if your away for more than an overnight or 2 I'd look at that H and B plate, really solid base for attaching luggage etc..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Am in Barrhead mate, I took my Blade over to the TT in 2016, had a renntec rack and it was perfect, I mess about with photography at the racing so I take my camera and a couple of lenses in a rucksack, hoping to go to the TT next year so would probably need more luggage space. Just now its minimum as its an overnight.

Will geta look at the H and B stuff.

Cheers John

Welcome to the forum John and congratulations on your new RR!

What colour/spec have you gone for?
Any mods planned for the future?

Re luggage I?d highly recommend the Wunderlich sport tank bag as Alex and Stuart have said. It doesn?t obstruct the fuel cap and never gets in the way when riding, including when hanging off. It is small, but I wouldn?t let it deter you, especially if you?re getting a tail pack setup too (both of which are great options, I?d go with H&B + Kriega).

Enjoy the forum, there?s a fantastic community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Welcome to the forum John and congratulations on your new RR!

What colour/spec have you gone for?
Any mods planned for the future?

Re luggage I?d highly recommend the Wunderlich sport tank bag as Alex and Stuart have said. It doesn?t obstruct the fuel cap and never gets in the way when riding, including when hanging off. It is small, but I wouldn?t let it deter you, especially if you?re getting a tail pack setup too (both of which are great options, I?d go with H&B + Kriega).

Enjoy the forum, there?s a fantastic community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Thanks Oli, bike is standard apart from Crash Bungs , and its in Motorsport colours, as for mods at the moment will keep her as she is, maybee a can in the future though but will see. Luggage is the priority at the moment as am going to NW200 and have Ulster GP booked as well.

320 miles on it since picking it up last Thursday, absolutely love the bike.

Will look into how to post up pics lol

Cheers John

Thanks Oli, bike is standard apart from Crash Bungs , and its in Motorsport colours, as for mods at the moment will keep her as she is, maybee a can in the future though but will see. Luggage is the priority at the moment as am going to NW200 and have Ulster GP booked as well.

320 miles on it since picking it up last Thursday, absolutely love the bike.

Will look into how to post up pics lol

Cheers John

Motorsports is the fastest colour [emoji6]

I would strongly recommend radiator and oil cooler guards, and some engine case covers. I have Evotech and GB Racing for radiator guards and case covers respectively and rate them.

Very glad to hear you?re throughly enjoying your RR, it seems they never fail to excite and impress in equal measure regardless of how many miles we put on them [emoji4]

As a standard member you can only upload photos and or video footage by posting a link to a file hosting such such as Google images and YouTube for the two respectively.
Alternatively, and preferably, if you sign up as a Premier Forum member you can upload natively to the site, in addition to the many other benefits.

Best of luck with you trip preparations and I look forward to seeing some photos in due course [emoji4]

Oli

Hi Oli

Thanks for the heads up, with regards the Premier Forum Member whats involved in upgrading?

Have plans for a rad guard and engine protection, a bit at a time for now.

Cheers John

Hi Oli

Thanks for the heads up, with regards the Premier Forum Member whats involved in upgrading?

Have plans for a rad guard and engine protection, a bit at a time for now.

Cheers John

I?ve attached a link to the Premier Membership description thread, if you?d like to subscribe simply click the Premier Membership icon from the forum homepage (via the website) and follow the instructions.

Radiator/oil cooler guards and engine case covers are always worthwhile.

Cheers,

Oli

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?6735-Premier-Membership-What-is-it

Back