Wee Scotsman defeats French Airstrike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyMac

Reaction score
My Daughter was due to go to Paris on Saturday morning (today) for a week with her boyfriend who is a soldier to celebrate both his and her Birthday.

About 9 AM Friday she texted me in bits to tell me that the Air France pilots had gone on strike and her flight out had been cancelled. According to the Air France helpline they would 'try' and get them a flight on Monday but no guarantees as the staff were considering striking on Monday too as it was a Bank Holiday.

My thoughts on Anglo Franc relations are a bit raw to say the least and this reinforced my opinions and pissed me off just a little, lol.

I have always said you cannot control other people but you can control how you get affected by others, so on true 'f**k it lets go ' style I have just driven down to Dover and am awaiting the ferry to the land of 'Les Miserables' and shall be in gay Paris by lunchtime.

Wife not too chuffed as finished work at 3 PM and was unaware of situation but is looking forward to seeing the Eiffel Tower, lol. 12 hour turnaround at Calais and up the road in time for Sunday breakfast.

NC 500 in a couple of weeks, FFB1500 completed this weekend.

5dd66ecc5563e89ce81fa7cce9b0aa2b.jpg

JimmyMac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The French love going on strike! You're scoring some serious Dad points there Jimmy, good for you mate, try not to cramp the romance for your daughter and her b/f though!!

How is it that they can they be laughing stuck in a motor with you !... sounds a total nightmare..... haha.. only kidding. See these French Airtraffic *****....grrrrrrr.

Your a good daddy Jimmy Mac !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Loving the can-do will-do attitude.

And there was me thinking can I be bothered to go to the shops...

- Alex

Nice one jimmy, thats a long drive wow. And you havent popped by for a cup of Yorkshire tea to break it up!

Nice one jimmy, thats a long drive wow. And you havent popped by for a cup of Yorkshire tea to break it up!

We'll be passing Yorkshire about 3 AM Sunday morning, haha. You wouldn't want me turning up then.

Got a few happy snaps before turning round, just waiting to board the ferry, 20 mins to spare, phew.

72b3208587c8fbe9aaca921a806bf577.jpg

f37c93aa08a97006d1ee387831b08378.jpg

3d51e8886b888a92e231311a9e661f95.jpg

JimmyMac

How is it that they can they be laughing stuck in a motor with you !... sounds a total nightmare..... haha.. only kidding. See these French Airtraffic *****....grrrrrrr.

Your a good daddy Jimmy Mac !

Think they are all smiling because I had got out the car, was at a funeral in the afternoon and overloaded on the sausage rolls, was dropping bombs all the way down the M6.

It didn't look far on the map, lol

JimmyMac

Awesome Jimmy, serious Dad points as MacRR says!
I hope your daughter and her boyfriend have a fantastic time in Paris.

Talk about a great, feel-good post [emoji4]

Place de La Concorde is great but in particular the Trocadero is the best for an al fresco freezing cold carafe of Ros?, a bowl of olives with bread and sit and people watch with le Tour Eiffel in the background....my favourite city, lucky bugger...

Place de La Concorde is great but in particular the Trocadero is the best for an al fresco freezing cold carafe of Ros?, a bowl of olives with bread and sit and people watch with le Tour Eiffel in the background....my favourite city, lucky bugger...

Great place, trying to spot you... [emoji6]
32ea63e5262dee5837cf87c590f169c3.jpg
5efe3724887510fcf47304f8a4a2da2e.jpg

- Alex

Lol...hard to believe it was built as a temporary structure all those years ago. The trusses and angled concrete bases are absolutely enormous, special bit of engineering to put it together..

Last edited:
Jus back in the door, 1496 miles in 38 hours about 2 hours in naps since Friday morning and a new front spoiler required on the car. I left a bit of it along a high kerb whilst parking for lunch, funnily enough it now looks like all the the other Parisian motors.

Away to my Boudoir.

JacquesMac

Last edited:
Ouch, not nice to prang your motor. Though I think we've all been there with kerbs when you can't see them!

- Alex

Last edited:
jimmy your some man! Good to see you life to the full. See your part of the E90 club to hah

Back