Track Conversion Completed

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopper

Reaction score
So this took a while longer than I thought. Had a few electrical issues etc. had to fit Alpha Racing resistors in various connectors to fool the bike in to not showing any fault codes on the dash. Had an Issue with the Fly by wire too.

Fitted full Alpha Race Fairing including full carbon tail piece in Park Lane Vari-Trac colours. Alpha Racing Rear Sets, Arrow Ti headers and link pipe with MHP carbon can (don't like the can but it will do for now). Race chip installed. Full GB Racing engine protection inc swing arm and forks.

All I need to do now is fit the Shark Fin and exhaust hanger that I need to re order.

5DC54E12-7777-45BC-9876-C9562B607FE8-272-000000258A8E4E3E.jpg

Really happy with how it's turned out. Was thinking about getting the tank Wraped white along with the front mud guard to match the fairing. However I don't thinkmim gonna bother as I think the grey tank goes quite well with the wheels, carbon tail and swing arm.

Can't wait for her maiden track voyage this Monday at Snett
:)

Think I'm gonna have to skip noise test...... She a bit loud on tick over !!!

fatbob link=topic=1292.msg12081#msg12081 date=1345312800 said:
That's why I frequent Anglesey , they ain't bothered

HaHa. I know where the DB meter is at Snett. I'll be as far away as possible from it :)

Do you instructors get away with not doing the static test then? The bloke at Snetterten does seem to take it a bit seriously. I've even noticed him going around during lunch sneakily checking tail pipes for the baffles.

unionjack link=topic=1292.msg12097#msg12097 date=1345316890 said:
Do you instructors get away with not doing the static test then? The bloke at Snetterten does seem to take it a bit seriously. I've even noticed him going around during lunch sneakily checking tail pipes for the baffles.

To be fair it's easy to forget to get noise tested as we are out straight away doing the sighting laps etc. we usually get done after the first or second session

They need to be tough at Snetterton due to all the houses close by- NOT! Last track day I did at Snet noticed something laying in middle of track half way down Bently straight with smoke comming of it, = some-ones make shift baffle been blown out of exhaust. LOL:D

Unfortunately,so they tell me,noise limits were set by the local council when they got permission for the circuit mods.
I'd rather go round the new circuit quietly than the old noisily!

I don't know about instructors but they won't let you out after sighting laps without a noise sticker.

Never fear,I'll bring an Arrow can and baffle that scrapes through(changed mine to a zx10 akra can)

They had to let people off for the first couple sessions because the queue for testing went all the way around the ca park! They need to set up two stations on busy days.

Back