Fitness

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Can't believe how much bike fitness I've lost since November when I was happily doing 300 mile days in sh*te weather and darkness.
130 miles yesterday in balmy sunshine and couldn't keep my eyes open when I got home and I feel it today. I kept fit throughout winter too. Running cycling, gym blah blah.
It's obviously a very specific type of fitness. Do you lot notice a drop off in bike-fitness at the beginning of the season?

No, its just you lol.

Seriously though, yes, I get a lot of muscle ache the day after my first big season ride, muscles that havent been used for a while no doubt. Doesnt take long to be back on it.

Pollen this time of year wont have helped.

No, its just you lol. Seriously though, yes, I get a lot of muscle ache the day after my first big season ride, muscles that havent been used for a while no doubt. Doesnt take long to be back on it.
Pollen this time of year wont have helped.
Thanks Andy. When we meet north of York perhaps I can just sit in one of your panniers instead? Like the dog in Amit's avatar

I’m struggling too this time of year, the best thing for me seems to be the rowing machine though, but it’s sooooooo boring.

Feel your pain. I watch telly when I'm doing the cross-trainer.
Every other week during the MotoGP season I watch the last race on Channel 5 catchup which is a 45 minute treat.

Thanks Andy. When we meet north of York perhaps I can just sit in one of your panniers instead? Like the dog in Amit's avatar

I am tempted to get the hp4 back home and put our bikes in alex’s van for the way up and back....

I am keeping an eye on the weather.

Feel your pain. I watch telly when I'm doing the cross-trainer.
Every other week during the MotoGP season I watch the last race on Channel 5 catchup which is a 45 minute treat.
Good call watching motogp! But was trying to keep fit off season. And I’ve only got free view on a box over 15 years old in the box room. I usually end up with either top gear on Dave, or broken skull ranch with some nutter from the states.
I remember committing to 3 years finance to get the s1, I was struggling at first, but, riding is my only motivation to keep fit and I realised I needed to do something in that direction anyway. I think if it wasn’t for the thrill of riding sports bikes, which I ain’t giving up until I have too, I’d probably be shuffling round in a mobility scooter or something. It’s the best pain in the world!

I?m struggling too this time of year, the best thing for me seems to be the rowing machine though, but it?s sooooooo boring.

+1 on rowing, it?s great for bike fitness IMO.

That being said I am somewhat prone to aches and pains in the neck/shoulders and hips when riding a lot.
I find regular stretching helps prevent this though

Took my bike into work today, a couple of aches after hardly touching it for months, so will be laying off the Grand Big Macs for a couple of weeks

The only thing I get really is weak left fingers with normal clutch operation...after a few blasts that disappears pretty much.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The only thing I get really is weak left fingers with normal clutch operation...after a few blasts that disappears pretty much. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Use the other hand, Stu. Stops a sore forearm, plus feels like someone else is doing it
-
... the clutch I mean

Can't believe how much bike fitness I've lost since November when I was happily doing 300 mile days in sh*te weather and darkness.
130 miles yesterday in balmy sunshine and couldn't keep my eyes open when I got home and I feel it today. I kept fit throughout winter too. Running cycling, gym blah blah.
It's obviously a very specific type of fitness. Do you lot notice a drop off in bike-fitness at the beginning of the season?
Well taught & regular yoga sorts it all out.
Pre ride probs.
Post ride probs.
Cycling probs.
Life probs.

Seriously, it?s the answer.

Actually, I reckon it was ?first-big-ride-of-the-year-blues?. I did 280 mike Brighton to Frome and back yesterday and feel fine today. Just needed to get back in the groove.
BTW, it was one of the best biking days ever. Weather and scenery fantastic, mostly back roads and was quiet and very fast.
Dry roads, mid 40?s lean all day. Bliss.
Three tanks of fuel though, oops. I blame Oli for encouraging me to ride around in second gear all the time.

Back