2017 rr launch control?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s14silvia

Reaction score
Hi guys so, at the weekend there I thought I'd give the launch control a shot then abandoned it lol.
Ive only had the bike a few weeks so still getting used to it's crazy electrics, I've been running the bike in user mode with the dtc off / -7, ddc is set to sport, abs-race, engine-race
so I thought I'd give the launch control a shot but didn't fancy trying it on the above settings incase I ended up with the bike on top of me so I set the mode to slick, dtc was back on and set to +7 engaged launch control mode, full revs (9k) smashed the clutch out and low n behold the front wheel popped up quite violently so dipped the clutch back in immediately, tried it a second time and same again. Can anybody advise me of something I'm doing wrong Or is there possibly an issue with the bike? I've watched numerous videos and the front does not rise at all during the launch.

Hi guys so, at the weekend there I thought I'd give the launch control a shot then abandoned it lol.
Ive only had the bike a few weeks so still getting used to it's crazy electrics, I've been running the bike in user mode with the dtc off / -7, ddc is set to sport, abs-race, engine-race
so I thought I'd give the launch control a shot but didn't fancy trying it on the above settings incase I ended up with the bike on top of me so I set the mode to slick, dtc was back on and set to +7 engaged launch control mode, full revs (9k) smashed the clutch out and low n behold the front wheel popped up quite violently so dipped the clutch back in immediately, tried it a second time and same again. Can anybody advise me of something I'm doing wrong Or is there possibly an issue with the bike? I've watched numerous videos and the front does not rise at all during the launch.
You still need to blend the clutch and throttle. L-CON is rev optimising only.

Also, get your weight well forward.

- Alex

You still need to blend the clutch and throttle. L-CON is rev optimising only.

Also, get your weight well forward.

- Alex
I was under the illusion you just banged the clutch out and the bike done the rest haha I'll give it another shot bearing that in mind. :encouragement:

Logically, I would think that no electronics would stop you flipping with 200bhp on tap in a Milli second from stationary :dejection: You will probably get a grabby clutch trying a fast take off, only way I could get around it was fitting an stm slipper....

Yeah defos makes sense which was on my mind as I was giving this a shot!! Glad I didn't continue with the launch as the bike would most likely be scrap by now haha

I tried launch control at the weekend. So I don't embarrass myself at a charity drag race next month.
I had it in user mode. TC +7, Engine-race, DDC-sport (and tweaked a little) DTC - Sport.
First try, I fed clutch out a little fast, and the front came up quickly, but only a couple of feet, and then the bike bogged down a bit. Didn't seem that fast, felt it was being strangled a lot by the TC.

Second attempt, let the clutch out a little slower, bike took off, and front only felt like it was lifting once I started going up the gears ( only hovering I think)

I used it when racing and id say the best way to think about it is like the following

Treat it like wheelie control. Basically all it is taking away is the need to feather the throttle to keep the wheel down. You still have to launch the thing as you would without launch control with regards to the clutch. Ie to fast and it will bog down, let it out to slowly and you will slip the clutch too much without forward movement.

Back