HP4 Prices

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got any designs in mind for the 2019, btw I think you'll like the new one ( spec and looks )

I think it needs a bit of time with the bike in the flesh to get a feel for what is going to work. I liked the motorsport colours I used before so it will probably be using the same colours keeping the hommage to the bmw brand going. But I keep being drawn back to the acid green and canary yellow from the gen 1 bikes, so anything is possible..... I was tempted to buy a gen 3 for now and go yellow/black but too much other stuff going on at the moment. It would be nice to get you to do the paintwork instead of getting it done in china.

I think the prices are on the move upwards.
I bought mine from the Aberdeen dealer last year for 17k, was in talking to him yesterday and he says he would have it up for 19.5k now!

I think the prices are on the move upwards.
I bought mine from the Aberdeen dealer last year for 17k, was in talking to him yesterday and he says he would have it up for 19.5k now!

What mileage is on your bike? out of curiosity?

I'm having the debate at the minute of a new '19 RR Sport, used 16 RR Sport with mods or a 2014 HP4. Surely the HP4 Carbon would feel more special and hold its value better than a new bike but the new bike would be 'better'? Then the 16 RR Sport would be cheaper to buy and have the mods which I'd only end up buying over the next year or so anyway but it feel less premium:indecisiveness::indecisiveness:

I'm having the debate at the minute of a new '19 RR Sport, used 16 RR Sport with mods or a 2014 HP4. Surely the HP4 Carbon would feel more special and hold its value better than a new bike but the new bike would be 'better'? Then the 16 RR Sport would be cheaper to buy and have the mods which I'd only end up buying over the next year or so anyway but it feel less premium:indecisiveness::indecisiveness:
I think it depends on what you want to buy next plus if you buy a 2016 then this would be a stop gap until the new 2019 is released?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think it depends on what you want to buy next plus if you buy a 2016 then this would be a stop gap until the new 2019 is released?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Either way it?d be on a pcp deal, so with that respect it?d ideally be one which holds it value reasonably well and has already lost its value from new. That being said, looking at 2-year old bikes, these bikes seem to hold their value extremely well. I?d be looking to keep it at least 12 months I think, if not 2/3 before moving on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloody tricky times to buy a S1000rr atm, I bought my HP4 a few months ago and don't regret it at all, I do like gadgets like lean angle or pit speed limiters etc that the HP4 doesn't have, the newer one will no doubt have sat nav functionality and hill assist if that means anything to you but after the honeymoon period will it feel special like the HP4? Time will tell. I will wait a year I think but will test ride one for sure.

I only hope the value holds for the HP4! The full Akra, rearsets and carbon bling works for me and any new bike will require the same input which is an additional cost, the only comparable bike is the R1M I guess but thats like cheating on your girlfriend!!

Ideally I want to Buy another GSA (getting pricey now) and keep the HP4 - Makes me so happy with this combo :encouragement:

Last edited:
Bloody tricky times to buy a S1000rr atm, I bought my HP4 a few months ago and don't regret it at all, I do like gadgets like lean angle or pit speed limiters etc that the HP4 doesn't have, the newer one will no doubt have sat nav functionality and hill assist if that means anything to you but after the honeymoon period will it feel special like the HP4? Time will tell. I will wait a year I think but will test ride one for sure.

I only hope the value holds for the HP4! The full Akra, rearsets and carbon bling works for me and any new bike will require the same input which is an additional cost, the only comparable bike is the R1M I guess but thats like cheating on your girlfriend!!

Ideally I want to Buy another GSA (getting pricey now) and keep the HP4 - Makes me so happy with this combo :encouragement:

To be fair, either one won?t be a bad choice. I?ve seen an HP4 Carbon on sale for what seems a decent price but I?m not 100% convinced it?s a genuine Carbon model, are there any especially defining features that would not be possible to add as a mod to a standard HP4 to make it look like a Carbon?

To be fair, either one won’t be a bad choice. I’ve seen an HP4 Carbon on sale for what seems a decent price but I’m not 100% convinced it’s a genuine Carbon model, are there any especially defining features that would not be possible to add as a mod to a standard HP4 to make it look like a Carbon?

No, but any bmw dealer can check the vin to see if it is an original carbon version.

No, but any bmw dealer can check the vin to see if it is an original carbon version.

Good point, thank you I'll try that as its a ballache of a trek to get to the dealership, don't wanna get down there for an imitation

Just for info I was killing time in Jordan Motorcycles near Leeds today and they have a mint looking HP4 carbon in the showroom for sale. I think it was just short of ?16k, but it was mint, really tidy original bike, 6k miles. Just sayin' if anyone is looking for a keeper. I have no affiliation with the business, but they did give me a free coffee and left me alone to browse.

To be fair, either one won?t be a bad choice. I?ve seen an HP4 Carbon on sale for what seems a decent price but I?m not 100% convinced it?s a genuine Carbon model, are there any especially defining features that would not be possible to add as a mod to a standard HP4 to make it look like a Carbon?

Hi Alex, you can check if a HP4 is an original BMW Carbon one by doing this.

Go to https://www.bmw-warranty.co.uk/CarDetails/Index

Click on 'Get a Quote'.

Enter the number plate of the bike and it will show you the correct version of the bike. Whether it was a Carbon or not when it left the factory.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Took my HP4 for a service at Cotswold the other week and they have a Carbon in stock with just under 3k miles (from memory) and it's ?19k. It's been there a year, as it was in there when I bought mine. Lovely bike, but when Wollaston had a Carbon in for ?15k with 7k miles and that sold within a fortnight last November, it gives some idea as to the market.

Someone is threatening to break a perfectly good hp4 on fb for no better reason than greed.

Expect he's not even bothered to find out what he could get for it as is.

- Alex

Saw that. I think it's a waste and certainly a sh*t load of trouble to go too, just to realise a little more money for the bike, if that.

Back