HP4 Prices

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
I popped into York motorrad today with a mate who is looking at a r9t, and tbf so am I, love em. Anyho, chatting to the sales chap we got on to HP4 prices so he logged on to the trade price website they use to give me a trade in value and it was ?13,800 totally standard (I am after ?14k private). What was really of interesting was that the trade price has risen ?600 in the last 12 months. I think they are going one way, at least for some time.

Yes I am phil. I am not doing the road fast bike thing now, just track, so the hp4 needs a new home. I will get a 19 bike to replace it and track it.

Ah good, it's one thing me not having an RR, can't have the forum gov'nor not having one! Told Jules you're looking at an R9T, she said well Andy can he's smaller than you, you wouldn't fit on one - charming!

Ah good, it's one thing me not having an RR, can't have the forum gov'nor not having one! Told Jules you're looking at an R9T, she said well Andy can he's smaller than you, you wouldn't fit on one - charming!

Yeah thanks lol. Although I havent had a test ride yet, so it isnt 100%.

Hi,

Is there a couple of grand + usually between carbon and none carbons of the same miles? Looking for a carbon at the mo if any forum members are moving on :)

Last edited:
Hi,

Is there a couple of grand + usually between carbon and none carbons of the same miles? Looking for a carbon at the mo if any forum members are moving on :)

Sold mine recently. Yes there is a couple of k difference between the carbon and non carbons. Originally the carbons were shy of ?20k, the non carbons ?17k. Difference is the wheel paint, carbon belly pan and inserts, gilles levers and footpegs. The carbon price was cheaper than buying the bits yourself etc. As a general rule the non carbons were bought as track bikes, the carbons bought for bling/keepers. Therefore the carbons are more desirable second hand, plus there were fewer carbons produced. Each bike has a unique serial number on the front fork yoke and bmw know which are carbons or fake ones.
I would be careful buying a non carbon as its very likely been tracked so needs very careful checking the frame etc. Buyers generally want the bike as original spec which is getting hard to find.

You can plug in the number plate of any bike you are interested in here:

https://www.bmw-warranty.co.uk/Start

Click on the "Get a qoute" along the top and then type in the reg.No.

It tells the difference from a genuine factory built HP4 Carbon and one made locally from a standard HP4.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
I recently picked up a HP4 Carbon for 12k but i think that was a steal as there normally 14-17k depending on milage

IMG_1034.jpg

Not mine anymore ian. :(

Must be fate. I asked cubomoto to deliver it back to me so I could return it to oem and when they rang me on the day (to tell me they were setting off) they told me the bike was loaded into the van but had just been sold that minute.

I am looking forward to seeing the next bike and coming up with a scheme for it :).

You can plug in the number plate of any bike you are interested in here:

https://www.bmw-warranty.co.uk/Start

Click on the "Get a qoute" along the top and then type in the reg.No.

It tells the difference from a genuine factory built HP4 Carbon and one made locally from a standard HP4.

JimmyMac

Mega - thanks.

@towers that's lovely - if you see its twin brother at the same price send me a pm ;)

It had 17k and full BMW service history and just had the big service done.
I wasn?t worried about the mileage as I?ve brought it to ride and not a investment

It had 17k and full BMW service history and just had the big service done.
I wasn’t worried about the mileage as I’ve brought it to ride and not a investment

Amazing deal for an HP4C. ?12k is less than trade.

Why the different end can, it looks like the s1kr akra can you get with the sport model?

Yeah soon as I saw it come up I snapped it up and the end can has been modified to fit the hp4 at first I wasn?t keen on it but it does make a loverly sound
f201caf757076bdf6bc1f24ef9a35214.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not mine anymore ian. :(

Must be fate. I asked cubomoto to deliver it back to me so I could return it to oem and when they rang me on the day (to tell me they were setting off) they told me the bike was loaded into the van but had just been sold that minute.

I am looking forward to seeing the next bike and coming up with a scheme for it :).

I thought you'd sold it Andy, it was in Alan Jefferies ( Rotherham) at the weekend. You got any designs in mind for the 2019, btw I think you'll like the new one ( spec and looks )

Back