5k any bike you want

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triplejimmy

Reaction score
Just a bit of fun, if you were gifted 5k and you had to buy 1 bike with it (a chore i know :fat:) what would you buy and why?

I think i'd go for an RSV1000 Mille Factory - Lots of bike for the money and I think a possible investment

Along the same lines but a Haga Rep RSVR if I could find one (the mille torque is so addictive!!!!!)

VTR1000 SP2 (if I could find one - they seem to be appreciating fast)

Looked on eBay - seems SP1's are a stretch now too!

Last edited:

Yeah I think that ship may have sailed. I had the chance at one about 6 years ago for 5k and wish I had took it, oh well. There is an SP1 and 2 on eBay I think, brand new for 24grand! Even high mileage ones are fetching strong money now.

I got into biking because of that bike...but still never owned one. I should have gone for it back in 2010. You could pick SP-1's up for <3k.

I got into biking because of that bike...but still never owned one. I should have gone for it back in 2010. You could pick SP-1's up for <3k.

In 2000, I bought a 6 month old SP1 with only 800 miles on it. I got it for a bargain ?6700, it was up for ?7700 @Chris Clarkes (Ducati) Wymondham. 2 years and 32K miles later I sold it for ?4800... I still miss that bike.

If if you see an sp2 for 5k, buy it!!! I wouldn't think twice, so long as had original Honda plastics, and reasonable condition.
The SP 1 that I have is the best purchase I ever made, love the bike, and doubt I'll ever part with it. I bought the S1k so I'd stop putting miles on SP, and keep it for dry days only.

Triumph Rocket 3. Hilarious

I saw two of those the other day, parked outside J&S Accessories in Braintree.

Have you test ridden one Hugh?
I have no idea what they?d be like, but I imagine ?colossal? sums it up well lol, massive torque and mass

I saw two of those the other day, parked outside J&S Accessories in Braintree.
Have you test ridden one Hugh? I have no idea what they’d be like, but I imagine “colossal” sums it up well lol, massive torque and mass
Not yet but my brother in law has got one. He's a bit of a Sunday afternoon polisher though, doesn't ride much, or perhaps that's what he tells me to dodge out of meeting up at Loomies.
Funnily enough and possibly related to this fact, I left my Speed Triple in his garage a few years back, told him he could ride it and boy did he put some miles on it.
He knows he owes me a ride on a Triumph, and I never hear from him these days...

Back