Suffering from Farmer Giles? Why not try one of these........

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bertie

Reaction score
Hi all

I just got back a spare seat i've had modified by Elite Seats in Suffolk. I must say I am pretty impressed. The way it worked was I called them to check how it worked. Then sent the seat to them with my contact details (cost me ?5 vis one of the usual courier companies). They called me and reckoned they could easily reuse the original cover but put 25mm of memory foam under it. This would compress to about 12mm with the cover back on. They were super fast and charged me ?85 including delivery back to me.

It is a bit thicker and has a more curbed top surface. I haven't been far on it but so far so very comfortable and massively cheaper than an HP seat and avoids the two-tone you get with the HP one. The seat I used was cheap from eBay so all in I reckon I've spent ?140

A result I think
http://www.sussexmotorcycles.com/elite-comfort-motorcycle-seats.html

Attachments

• bjethN%pSfOj3XNnoUQvcg.jpg
    bjethN%pSfOj3XNnoUQvcg.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 71
  • 2RuUIUx0RyuPkGVda7ryvw.jpg
    2RuUIUx0RyuPkGVda7ryvw.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 69
  • mY3wwA4BTVKXmbLNAriPPg.jpg
    mY3wwA4BTVKXmbLNAriPPg.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
That looks like a very tidy job Bertie, I see they are using memory foam now rather than gel, memory mattresses and pillows tend to be quite firm though, how does it feel to you?

Will be good to hear how you get on after a couple of hours in the saddle.

Looks like a tidy job, and as you say it avoids the 2-tone of the comfort seat.

Putting that aside, you've got what looks like painted fill-in panels attached to the side panels?! Where did they come from?

eBay for the side panels and ?40 each - already white! I think they look pretty nice. Not sure which model they are off - either an RR or R as those bits are interchangeable and colours have varied a fair bit over the model years. I will feed back on the seat after I've done proper miles. I am riding to LeMans for the MotoGP at the end of the month which should be a decent test.

I am riding to Jerez next week but am too much of a softie so am taking the XR for that.

Will be good to hear how you get on after a couple of hours in the saddle.

Looks like a tidy job, and as you say it avoids the 2-tone of the comfort seat.

Putting that aside, you've got what looks like painted fill-in panels attached to the side panels?! Where did they come from?

eBay for the side panels and ?40 each - already white! I think they look pretty nice. Not sure which model they are off - either an RR or R as those bits are interchangeable and colours have varied a fair bit over the model years. I will feed back on the seat after I've done proper miles. I am riding to LeMans for the MotoGP at the end of the month which should be a decent test.

I am riding to Jerez next week but am too much of a softie so am taking the XR for that.
I meant the black ones on the side panels not the tank...or are they carbon?

- Alex

On my bike they came shiny from the factory. I can see lots of this years bikes have matt black with a sort of textured finish but mine were gloss black from the get go. Mine is a 2017 and I seem to remember Motorsport and Red/white had gloss and the Grey/Black had matt textured. With the textured ones I suspect that you would need to buy replacements as the surface finish would look odd painted.

On my bike they came shiny from the factory. I can see lots of this years bikes have matt black with a sort of textured finish but mine were gloss black from the get go. Mine is a 2017 and I seem to remember Motorsport and Red/white had gloss and the Grey/Black had matt textured. With the textured ones I suspect that you would need to buy replacements as the surface finish would look odd painted.
If they are OEM I will check the catalogue... ta

- Alex

Latest posts

Back