Germany Trip

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travers91

Reaction score
Hi All,

Off to Germany to ride the B500 in May (10th till 17th) If anyone fancies it then feel free to pop along too, will be posting pictures here and keep you updated.

If anyone has already been, are there other roads that I should make sure I hit before coming back?

Cheers,
Trav

Hi All,

Off to Germany to ride the B500 in May (10th till 17th) If anyone fancies it then feel free to pop along too, will be posting pictures here and keep you updated.

If anyone has already been, are there other roads that I should make sure I hit before coming back?

Cheers,
Trav

Its a beautiful country :)

Are you heading via hull or Dover?

Cochem is a beautiful city if your going from Hull, it?s a bit far if your not passing... Most of the roads in the Eifel region are cracking from my experience :)

Its a beautiful country [emoji4]

Are you heading via hull or Dover?

Cochem is a beautiful city if your going from Hull, it?s a bit far if your not passing... Most of the roads in the Eifel region are cracking from my experience :)

Dover crossing. Will see how Germany is, if the weathers bad I will head further south until it improves [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 ways
1) free motorway to lille & mauberge - spa / nurburgring or drop down the meuse(?) at dinant.
2) "7valleys" via hesdin, albert, peronne, st q and down to luxemburg- vianden is very nice.

Once you are on the b500 nice biker hotel about half way down between baden baden and freiburg a couple of miles off to the left (i think it's called the black eagle) - worth following the road all the way to swiss border.

Enjoy

2 ways
1) free motorway to lille & mauberge - spa / nurburgring or drop down the meuse(?) at dinant.
2) "7valleys" via hesdin, albert, peronne, st q and down to luxemburg- vianden is very nice.

Once you are on the b500 nice biker hotel about half way down between baden baden and freiburg a couple of miles off to the left (i think it's called the black eagle) - worth following the road all the way to swiss border.

Enjoy

Cheers Mike,

Baden baden is our first stop, so will hightail it down there and then ride the 500 the following day.

I?ve heard there are some decent routes that come off the 500 so might scope that out for a bit.

Will look out for the black eagle!

Dover crossing. Will see how Germany is, if the weathers bad I will head further south until it improves [emoji23]

Have you tried Euro Tunnel? So much better than the Ferry Imo...

On your way to Germany the Ardennes is a real good area for nice roads also the roads around the Grand Ballon /Voges. As said above the Eifel has some cracking roads, especially to the North near the Lakes
Nice towns to stay in along the way include Bouillon, La Roche-en-Ardenne , Vianden (Luxembourg), Cochem (nr the Ring), Turckheim (nr Colmar), there are so very many nice places to stay/ visit that I cant list them all that I have stayed in.
Are you going to visit the Nurburgring on the way or way back? If so the 257 from Adenau - Kelberg - Ulmen straight onto 259 to Cochem very nice road.

On your way to Germany the Ardennes is a real good area for nice roads also the roads around the Grand Ballon /Voges. As said above the Eifel has some cracking roads, especially to the North near the Lakes
Nice towns to stay in along the way include Bouillon, La Roche-en-Ardenne , Vianden (Luxembourg), Cochem (nr the Ring), Turckheim (nr Colmar), there are so very many nice places to stay/ visit that I cant list them all that I have stayed in.
Are you going to visit the Nurburgring on the way or way back? If so the 257 from Adenau - Kelberg - Ulmen straight onto 259 to Cochem very nice road.

Ferry is already booked but I?m going to start heading abroad a bit more often now so will check the Euro tunnel out next time.

Will have a look on google maps and add in some of those places and try to link some of them up.

I?m going with a mate who isn?t keen on heading to the Nurburgring, might have to go off on my own for a day and give it a go [emoji106]

Ferry is already booked but I’m going to start heading abroad a bit more often now so will check the Euro tunnel out next time.

Will have a look on google maps and add in some of those places and try to link some of them up.

I’m going with a mate who isn’t keen on heading to the Nurburgring, might have to go off on my own for a day and give it a go [emoji106]

I bought Michelin Regional Maps to link a good route together, you might have to buy say 5 maps but well worth it. You dont have to go on the Ring to enjoy it, the atmosphere is very good and there are viewing points around the track to see some action (all free).
So many great roads apart from the B500 to ride, if I wasnt tied up I would gladly join you both...

Have a great trip.

Ferry is already booked but I?m going to start heading abroad a bit more often now so will check the Euro tunnel out next time.

I?m going with a mate who isn?t keen on heading to the Nurburgring, might have to go off on my own for a day and give it a go [emoji106]

The n?rburgring is great even if you don?t go round, Adenau is a nice little town the atmosphere is great and there?s lots of places to watch from.

Imo going round the ring on a bike isn?t fun, it?s so bizarre being overtaken by cars and having to look in your mirrors so much for faster drivers. You?re very vulnerable on the bike. It?s much more enjoyable in a car :)

The n?rburgring is great even if you don?t go round, Adenau is a nice little town the atmosphere is great and there?s lots of places to watch from.

Imo going round the ring on a bike isn?t fun, it?s so bizarre being overtaken by cars and having to look in your mirrors so much for faster drivers. You?re very vulnerable on the bike. It?s much more enjoyable in a car :)

Il head over and have a look!

Should be able to convince my mate to come with!

Will grab some pictures and post them up [emoji106]

Imo going round the ring on a bike isn’t fun, it’s so bizarre being overtaken by cars and having to look in your mirrors so much for faster drivers. You’re very vulnerable on the bike.
Hi Stephen, (as you probably know) the more experience you get by lapping the less vulnerable you become on a bike. Motorrad (German Bike Magazine) hold training events solely for bikes on a closed circuit at the ring, very expensive but very safe and lapping is Great Fun.
Anyone on here read this http://jocke.selincite.com/bikes/riding-nurburgring

Hi Stephen, (as you probably know) the more experience you get by lapping the less vulnerable you become on a bike. Motorrad (German Bike Magazine) hold training events solely for bikes on a closed circuit at the ring, very expensive but very safe and lapping is Great Fun.
Anyone on here read this http://jocke.selincite.com/bikes/riding-nurburgring

Yes, I?m sure given enough laps it would be much more fun. I?ve been looking at the bike only track days, as you say very expensive and not very often either.

I did a lap on what turned out to be a German public holiday (I had no idea at the time) The amount of cars on the track was ridiculous, which made it very difficult to move away from the right curb and take any proper lines. Very unnerving. The next day we were up early and one of the first on the track, much much more fun!

Baden Baden is a beautiful town, enjoy the B500. When me and a mate did it we really never knew about it an just ended up on it en-route to the Stelvio. Googled it when we got home as it was that good, there were paragliders running off the side of the mountains, the views are awesome.

JimmyMac

Can also recommend Cochem, lovely place and the roads to the ring are great, I'd probably say better than the ring lol
. If you use the tunnel and stay the night before, give me a shout, I live 5mins from there.

Hi All,

Cheers,
Trav

I?m out there in June so any suggestions of roads places will be welcome

+1 on Cochem, lots of good roads around there too. Last time I was out there we just chose a different direction from there and found amazing quiet roads.

Amazingly there are a couple of roads in that area that are closed to bikes (only) except for commuting hours. Can't remember what they're called...all to do with accidents apparently, but if you see a no bikes sign, they really do mean it....

There's a nice bikers cafe in the countryside, 30km south east of Aachen called the biker ranch, worth planning a rest stop if it's anywhere near your route, petrol station just up the road from it too.
http://www.biker-ranch-eifel.de

Oh, and there are a couple of speed cameras on the main road through the eifel mountains just remember that they can get you for that back in the UK now.

Oh, and there are a couple of speed cameras on the main road through the eifel mountains just remember that they can get you for that back in the UK now.

When did that change, went over to France last year... and let?s just say that I wasn?t camera shy [emoji23]

Can't remember exactly but pretty sure was somewhere around the early to mid part of last year - the UK government finally signed whatever agreement they'd been holding off signing for some time. Shame they got round to it....

Has anyone on here ever been ticketed? Those cameras in the Eifels are not signposted, but if memory serves, they're actually in places where you would want to be going slowish anyway...

Back