Front wheel for HP4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Morning Chaps

So my bike is in for a service since 2 weeks ago Tuesday zzzzzzzz. Having heard nought since confirmation by the very trusting Peter at the service desk that my bike had indeed arrived safe and sound the same day, I got on with my humdrum and exceptionally busy life.

Waking this Tuesday morning in a panic that I hadn't heard anything and worried that possibly my bike was making it's way to the continent in the back of a Tranny van with a laughing boy at the wheel or the like, I felt strangely compelled to establish the above or allay my fears.

I Called Dalkeith Tuesday in the hope they were still open for business !

Relieved that they were still about I have been informed that during the pre service health check (service still to be undertaken) there is a batch of potential issues, granted most of the advisories are minor however the worrying issue is my front wheel is buckled ! and my brake discs are a midgies dick off the recommended wear limit.. I was told it may fail an MOT. Strangely I had an MOT done on the bike 150 miles and 4 weeks ago Saturday. Bikes done 22k and does get a roasting mind you...but it's designed to be used that way..no?.

Sooooo the question is if my rim is really that bad and I will check the run out and disc thickness when I get it back (hopefully this ye..I mean weekend). Where do I get a replacement rim without paying a fortune to BMW... comments/thoughts would be apreciated.

Thanks as ever..

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oh..I forgot to add...The lens on the offside rear indicator is now missing...despite the bike arriving "safe and sound"..

Grrrrr.... told them to stick a replacement on and I would pay for it.. the bike was completely intact when it left my place in the pick up van. A missing lens I and the driver would have noticed easily... I just want my bike back ....

Stu, the led indicators are sealed units. It takes a lot of effort to get the front clear lense off with a screwdriver, unless you have done it yourself in the past I cant see how it could have just fallen off?

Last edited:
I'm in a similar boat, Stu. My bike is at East Kilbride and they've told me my front wheel has a buckle/dent in it, so it's now off to get repaired. Bloody potholes!

Stu, the led indicators are sealed units. It takes a lot of effort to get the front clear lense off with a screwdriver, unless you have done it yourself in the past I cant see how it could have just fallen off?
I agree Soof. I just don"t understand it at all.. for 30 quid I won't argue . Told them to stick one on.. my rear wiring is all neat and tidy using compression tape...so it better come back same way...

I'm in a similar boat, Stu. My bike is at East Kilbride and they've told me my front wheel has a buckle/dent in it, so it's now off to get repaired. Bloody potholes!
Where did they send the rim. To the same pkace Ryan recommends Certi ?

Where did they send the rim. To the same pkace Ryan recommends Certi ?

I don't know the name of the company, but they're local to BMW Motorrad East Kilbride. If you give them a phone they'll be able to tell you.

I don't know the name of the company, but they're local to BMW Motorrad East Kilbride. If you give them a phone they'll be able to tell you.
Good man. Ill checkout how bad it is when I get my bike back. Cheers for heads up...

Back