Rear engine mount/1jac query

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wull

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking at those stands after seeing the one for sale and it got me thinking.....

does my rear engine mount recess have an insert in place?

i was looking at other 2011 bikes and it was much easier to see the nut, but on mine it looks as if there is an insert of some sort.....any idea what it is?

This is a zoomed in pic of my bike

And a zoomed in pic of one taken from eBay, not the best but you can clearly see the difference

any ideas?

Definitely looks like it has an insert. Whether it's for a 1jac, bursig or other stand is less certain... Don't know if it makes a difference. My RR is on abursig, talking to 1jac about fittings for my new R as we speak...

Last edited:
Bit blurry Wull can you take a couple of better pics mate and I'll try and figure it out.. take one from top down if you can..and your welcome to nip down to mine and checkout my fitting/stand as I've a 1Jac with insert installed on my HP.

Julestys on here is punting a 1Jac as we speak BTW...

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Bit blurry Wull can you take a couple of better pics mate and I'll try and figure it out.. take one from top down if you can..and your welcome to nip down to mine and checkout my fitting/stand as I've a 1Jac with insert installed on my HP.

Julestys on here is punting a 1Jac as we speak BTW...

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That’s the one I seen that got me thinking, I’ll get another pic today when I get to work.

From what I can gather, with this kit for my year bike you remove the mit and fit this insert with the special tool, and that’s it. But it now leaves me with an insert that I can’t remove, so essentially I’ll need to either source the tool or purchase the Bursig stand.

Is there a UK stockist of the stands? I can find the US website and the German one.

So am I limited to what stand I can purchase now because it has a Bursig sleeve fitted which needs a specific tool for removal? I’ve just priced one up and it looks like it’s ?420 all in delivered from Germanyand that includes fitting kit and casters.

Back