Anyone with Ventura luggage on their RR?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bertie

Reaction score
Hi guys, are any of you running Ventura luggage on your RR? My mate has a Gen 2 and needs to sort L brackets and a rack for a trip to Jerez in a couple of weeks time. What I am interested is is the width of the rack you need to go with the L brackets. Between us we have two racks already and want to avoid buying another if we don't need to.

If any of you have ventura racks fitted and could measure the centre to centre width of the rack that would be super helpful.

By the way we are doing Jerez the hard way. Overnight boat to Caen then on Thursday riding from Caen to San Sebastian (530 miles) and San Sebastian to Jerez on the Friday (654 miles). Eugene is doing this on his RR and I being slightly more sane and having a choice of bikes am doing it on my XR.

Ta

Phil

Just popped down to the garage - here are the pics.

I'm no engineer, so I'll let you figure the actual numbers out or you'll be shouting at me when stuff doesnt fit.

IMG_2668.jpgIMG_2669.jpg

The lugs on the rack are swingable in/out to allow for some adjustment.

Thanks both thats really helpful. Between my mate and me we have three Ventura racks already - for a Tiger 800, a GSXR1000 K5 and an Aprilia RSVR and all are different widths and not adjustable. Eugene is trying to avoid paying ?70 for a fourth if he can help it. Kennybush if you could measure centre of tube to centre of tube on the L brackets that would be fab. Freudianslip, on yours its looking like 28cm from outside left upright to outside right so centre to centre ought to be maybe 26cm?

Thanks so much for that. Really helpful. By the way it looks like Ventura only do the adjustable racks now but I think the Suzuki one is going to fit.

Back