Pit Lane Limiter

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Evenin all.
Set it for 5000rpm which gives 33mph indicated / 30mph real world, but the bike's lurching noticeably, enough to affect concentration.
Didn't do it at 4000rpm, which was obviously slower.
No big deal, just wondering if any of you noticed similar.
Might try 9000 and see what happens

Evenin all.
Set it for 5000rpm which gives 33mph indicated / 30mph real world, but the bike's lurching noticeably, enough to affect concentration.
Didn't do it at 4000rpm, which was obviously slower.
No big deal, just wondering if any of you noticed similar.
Might try 9000 and see what happens

Mine is similar, 4000 feels like a soft limiter, under that it feels like a hard limiter. 'on' and 'off'.

Mine is currently set to 5000 rpm but I change it to suit whatever the pit lane speed limit is. It?s occasionally useful at some tracks which have a long pit lane but in all honesty I very rarely use it.

Mine is currently set to 5000 rpm but I change it to suit whatever the pit lane speed limit is. It’s occasionally useful at some tracks which have a long pit lane but in all honesty I very rarely use it.
It's good for sh**s and giggles only in non-racer hands.
I only use it for filtering. Really gets everyone's attention, heh heh.

No it reaches the revs and there's Abit of a sudden lull in the power then the limiter noise but no lurch.

I'v had it low middle and high in the allowable revs and I've never noticed a lurch

You can set the limiter in 100 rpm increments between 4000 and 8000 rpm as standard. If you have the HP Racing Data Release or RCK3 enabled you can adjust it across the entire rev range.

Loving the new avatar Hugh. JimmyMac
Photo 23-04-2018, 15 00 47.jpg
-
Just found this, lol.
Obvously had to punish the boy for the implication that his father rides around on a R1.
This drawing pre-dated the avatar he did. I like the transition to 3d. It's as if he's growing and improving...
Pity he'll never draw again after I threw his pens and paper in the bin...
Yamaha FFS.
-
Am seriously thinking of getting the word "VRROMMMM" printed on a banner tho.
What do you think Andy? Some Forum VRROMMMM banners?

Back