S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huddy2010

Reaction score
hey all, new here. picked up a rr at the weekend (2010) and absolutely love it. gone from a early carb'd R1. i just need to get a decent exhaust on it as its a danmoto and imo doesn't sound the best but a little skint right now. The bike has the de cat pipe, will any slip on fit as long as its for the 1st gen bike? Really want a austin racing one :chuncky:

Welcome to the forum huddy and congratulations on your new RR!

I?m really glad to hear that you?re thoroughly enjoying the bike, the weather was good last weekend [emoji16]

Do you mean your bike has the Dan Moto link pipe? If so, I believe any exhaust silencer which is compatible with the OEM headers should work, though please wait for confirmation from others first.

Personally though, if you would like an Austin Racing exhaust I would go for one of their full systems. It?ll be a much better result in the end IMO.
I?d also recommend checking the fuelling on a dyno after the change, just to be on the safe side.

Where are you based and what sort of riding do you enjoy primarily?

Enjoy the forum, there?s a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
Hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Hey oli. Yeah it has the standard headers which seem to have developed a rattle on the way home, sounds like a really tinny rattle, heard the exhaust valve can play up on them. The cat has been cut off and a danmoto link pipe and slip on added. The noise is ridiculous. Yeah I would love a full system but really can?t afford that right now and can?t bare to listen to the noise it makes so a slip on is my option right now and have actually bought a s/h Austin racing slip on which I hope will be a tad better for now. I?m not to far from JHS racing in Bristol and have spoken to them about doing a dyno run and check once I find an exhaust and also to see what the Bazzaz zfi thing is doing. I?m based in wiltshire and mainly just leisurely riding with the odd spirited thrash around the countryside :)

Welcome Huddy.. good choice of machine..R1s are very capable but the beemer is a better all rounder without fickleness of Carbs...enjoy the forum pal.

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hi alex, yeah we have some good roads around this way and some good bike meets. cant wait for the season to get under way!

cheers Stuart, cant even begin to compare the two. always thought the r1 was a quick bike but WOW this beemer is leaps and bounds ahead.

Upper quartile rev range is just mental !...enjoy...

"Upper quartile" you've been sitting next to too many mortgage advisors Stuart, lol.

I remember a bank advisor trying to sell me some product or other and that's what they came out with, I quicky asked them if that meant that 24 percent of other banks were still better than them, I Think they try to avoid me now when I go in, haha.

Please tell me you don't work in a bank Huddy, I'm usually a quiet type lol.

JimmyMac

I was a mortgage advisor... but don't practice now...just sell and rent as you know...I used to work for one of the biggest independant mortgage brokers in Scotland.. I was their top business producer for the three years I worked there lol... so I'm allowed to use that terminology haha....

haha jimmy i did think it sounds like something a banker/advisor would say, but he is right the top end of the rev range is unbelievable. smiles for days! I work for the NHS mate. :courage:

hopefully that day will never come but it could be handy i suppose in the event of an unfortunate accident.

haha jimmy i did think it sounds like something a banker/advisor would say, but he is right the top end of the rev range is unbelievable. smiles for days! I work for the NHS mate. :courage:

Pat on the back Huddy, you must have some resolve. I was a Cop for 10 years but least I had a belt of weapons to help me out, many a Paramedic I've seen with a bloody nose trying to help one of life's 'Victims".

My Daughter is a Nurse but works in Gynaecology so not much chance of a homer from her, lol. Even though Stuart might tell you I am cheeky C**t at times, haha.

JimmyMac

Luckily I don?t work front line, I work for clinical engineering. We repaire, service and implement new medical equipment. Got to take my hat off to the hca?s, nurses and paramedics etc they have it tough as well as the Police, it amazes me how hostile people can be when your trying to help. yea not much help for you is it with her working in gynae Lol.

Back