Motea Front wheel stand

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianbullsey

Reaction score
Probably best NOT TO BUY a stand from Motea. I removed the front wheel ready for my new rubber. Upon removal I noticed damage to the fork bolts and damage to the stand mounts. Criminal.
I've contacted Motea, sadly without reply.
Ian, County Durham.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Hi Ian, could you elaborate with pictures?
Are you using prong version via the holes in the bottom of the forks?

- Alex

- Alex
Hi Alex, it is the prong version, I'll update with pictures later today.
Ian

- Alex
Hi Alex, to elaborate further, the bike is actually on the stand, tyres are being fitted today. When I realised there was a problem I loweredy the bike, removed the four retaining bolts, lifted it back up and removed the spindle. I'll send pictures of the the thread damage and pictures of the marks on the stand when I can. You can avoid damage by removing the fork bolts before raising the bike (somewhat defeats the purpose)
The stand was recommended via the forum.
Incidentally I'm fitting the Michelin Power RS tyres!?
Ian

I have the same stand I think, hence my confusion.

To remove a wheel the RHS (as you sit on it) fork pinch bolts should be loosened. Only those 2. Once they a loose the Axle will unbolt.

The bolts in the LHS side shouldn't move as they set the position of the wheel relative to the calipers/abs sensor.

So, I'm not sure where 4 bolts are coming from and how they are being impacted by the stand.

I will look for a photo of mine to help, but I just changed phone so don't have anything on it.

- Alex

To remove a wheel the RHS (as you sit on it) fork pinch bolts should be loosened. Only those 2. Once they a loose the Axle will unbolt.

The bolts in the LHS side shouldn't move as they set the position of the wheel relative to the calipers/abs sensor.

So, I'm not sure where 4 bolts are coming from and how they are being impacted by the stand.

I will look for a photo of mine to help, but I just changed phone so don't have anything on it.

- Alex
Hi Alex, I've got to admit I'd 'YouTube'd' front wheel removal. I was curious to find out how the thing came apart, I do so little maintenance now I take every opportunity to learn more. I loosened the fork bolts (left hand facing the bike) first and that's when I discovered the issue.
I'd read a comment a few days ago regarding front wheel stands and damage potential caused by using the wrong stand, I was therefore cautious to begin with.
Ian
PS I'm no motorcycle mechanic believe me, I just don't want to feel useless, it takes me hours to do the smallest jobs [emoji23]

- Alex
Do you have any words of advice for refitting the front wheel?

Front Wheel Removal

See pp. 167-170 of the Owner?s Manual. Follow the illustrated instructions and you can?t go wrong.

I use a Constands prong type and was a bit concerned that it would foul the pinch bolts.
Using it the first few times i was wary it wouldnt be stable but it really is a simple and good bit of kit.

Re: Front Wheel Removal

To add,
Id recommend the HP chain adjusters as it makes the rear wheel removal so simple.
Spindle out,move the chain and rear brake bracket then take the wheel off.
I think someone on here said they don’t even remove the brake mount.
Ive only removed my rear wheel a few times but I’ll be trying that method next time.
( along with captive spacers I forgot to order...)

I use a Constands prong type and was a bit concerned that it would foul the pinch bolts.
Using it the first few times i was wary it wouldnt be stable but it really is a simple and good bit of kit.
Hi, Loupe, good advice thanks very much.
Ian

I got the rear wheel out without removing the brake the other day. So yeah can be done.

- Alex

What rear stand are you using Alex? I need to order another one as I don’t have clearance when the bike is on both stands when removing the rear tyre warmer. Nearly moved the bike forward and off its stands last track day.
I have to take the front off then the front stand off to have enough clearance to remove the rear warmer.

Harris Paddock Stands

In my honest opinion absolutely nothing beats Harris paddock stands. Admittedly they are expensive but they are so well made and last for years.

Back