Intro to the group

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodiwillis

Reaction score
Hello All, Jodi here. This is my first post in the group, just registered. I have a 2014 HP4 in completely standard form and don?t about 3500 miles. I bought the back last September and have only managed to put 1700 miles on it through the winter. Previously had a 1299 Panigale and after a test ride of a new S1000rr I couldn?t believe the ride. I was riding that bike better after the two hour test ride than i rode my own 1299. I went for the HP4 as I like something that stands out and you don?t see many on the road. Anyway, good to see a busy forum and I look forward to reading the posts and getting involved. I already have some questions lined up!

Welcome aboard Jodi..I've a 4 Carbon..smart looking machines and there are less and less about as the years go on...so keep a hold of it, it will always have a good residual come chop in time.

Where you from and fire away with the questions.

Stuart

Hi Jodi, welcome to the site from another HP owner.

Are you you a guy or girl, I know two Jodie's and they are one of each, just so I can address you properly.

As Stuart says you have made a great choice of bike, hope you enjoy the forum and your bike.

See you later pal
or
Hugs and xxx

Delete as necessary, lol.

JimmyMac

Welcome to the forum Jodi from a ?regular RR? owner lol!

As the chuckle brothers say you?ve made a great choice of bike and I?m sure you?ll have many more happy and exciting miles ahead of you [emoji4]

What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily and where are you based?

Enjoy the forum, there?s a fantastic community on here and loads of information [emoji4]

Oli

Thanks for the welcome everyone. For the record I?m male and it?s a common question so i?ll leave the hugs and kisses thanks JimmyMac! I?m from Tunbridge Wells in Kent and ride mostly with a friend of mine who has an s1000rr. I don?t get out as much as I?d like to but we often go for blasts around Kent either the two of us or with a varied group of other riders/bikes. It?s good to know there are other HP4 owners on here and I?m confident I made the right choice, it?s an amazing bike to ride. Is it best to ask questions through the other categories or as part of this thread? I?ve been through some of the other threads and had a couple of questions answered already.

... Is it best to ask questions through the other categories or as part of this thread? I?ve been through some of the other threads and had a couple of questions answered already.

Whichever you prefer Jodi, this is your welcome thread [emoji4]
In future though when questions and/or topics arise it would definitely be better to post in the respective sub-forums.

If you have any questions fire away and we?ll do our best to help [emoji4]

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome everyone. For the record I’m male and it’s a common question so i’ll leave the hugs and kisses thanks JimmyMac!

No, you don't get off that easy, when and I know it will happen you are getting a BIG cuddle from me, lol.

Welcome mate and yes you made the right choice.

JimmyMac

Stunning bike JimmyMac. One of my questions relates to the exhaust and whether a decat exercise is something that is relatively simple. I have read it’s a removal and an ecu remap to smooth out the mid range. My friend has a fairly heavily modified s1000rr, decat’ed with an Austin Racing full titanium system. He has a power commander fitted and assures me it’s necessary. I’m not hugely interested in modifying the bike generally, just a bit more carbon on my shopping list but the decat is something I’d like to do. The other question related to a seat I have bought and whether the lock assembly can be bought. There are many discussions on this forum about it but I’m struggling to find the definitive answer. I’m also looking for a simple way of powering an iphone from the socket under the seat cowl and am bamboozled by the many cables and connectors available. If someone has done this before I’d appreciate a steer. Apologies if this is a lot of subjects that may have been answered already. Feel free to tell me to post them separately! Thanks.

PM Stephen on here mate he will sort you out with a charger for your ham bone.. I've got one, comes with crystal clear photographic/schematic instructions and is very well made. Stephen makes them up, quality is exceptional.

The decat thing is best answered by someone else, I simply bought a slip on for mine and kept the CAT in situ (warranty purposes)..

EDIT: He's a VENDOR on here Grahams Motorcycles... he will sort you out no bother.

S

Last edited:
All I have done to mine Jodi is to take the internals out of the original cat and refit it, put a K & N air filter in and that's it, the bike is plenty fast enough for me and I have not tuned or fitted a PCV. There are guys on here like Oli and Alex that know way more than me about the tuning of the engine but I'm happy with mine as is, due to my non track ambitions.

There are plenty USB charger type cables on the market that go straight to your battery but if you have an Optimate wired in already to your cowl, there is a little adaptor made by Oxford that allows your phone to charge up in the cowl when you are riding. I have one on mine and my GSA and they work great.

Fire up a photo of the seat you bought and we can look to see if the BMW lock is compatible, they are simple to fit and recode.

I'm at the TT for 12 days I think so a meet up would be great, Beavis (Dunc) on here will be there as well as SportEvo (Colin) from here. Great guys who love their bikes and a good craic.

Dont hesitate to ask questions on here Jodi, there is a wealth of knowledge and helpful members by the bucket load.

Had my HP4 Carbon from new in 2013 and have been collecting panels since, like changing the colours to match my boots, lol.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Handy vid if you have to recode your lock.. tho I think on the later models like mine anyway the small sliders are locked in and I couldn't get mine out. Dalkeith supplied me a brand new lock and coded it to my key for ?20 quid.

https://youtu.be/mFoke2TS1O8

Last edited:
Hi jodi. I had my hp4 decatted and did nothing with the fueling. I had bmw supply and fit the decat pipe for warranty which they were happy to do. They advised not to bother with any remapping as the hp4 standard map will adjust for a simple decat. It never caused me any issues with the way the bike ran.

Thanks All, really useful information. I?ll contact Stephen for the cable and maybe my local dealer about the decat. I?ll definitely make contact whilst at the TT, I?m just there for race week. Thanks.

Hi Jodi,

First of all welcome! Secondly, I'll be going to the TT this year on my new S1000rr. When are you going from / until? I'm coming up from Surrey / Hants border on the 1st June and coming back on the 13th. I'm definitely in for a meet up!

Rob

I?m flying as we didn?t get our crossing sorted early enough. From the 4th (Monday) until senior race day on the Saturday. I?ll try to suggest a meeting place and time or we can PM details and sort it nearer the time.

Back