Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intro to the group

Riding
    HP4 carbon 2013

Re: Intro to the group

PM Stephen on here mate he will sort you out with a charger for your ham bone.. I've got one, comes with crystal clear photographic/schematic instructions and is very well made. Stephen makes them up, quality is exceptional.

The decat thing is best answered by someone else, I simply bought a slip on for mine and kept the CAT in situ (warranty purposes)..

EDIT: He's a VENDOR on here Grahams Motorcycles... he will sort you out no bother.

S
    Last edited by stuartb; 15th April 2018 at 11:03 PM.

Riding
    HP4 Carbon Pink

All I have done to mine Jodi is to take the internals out of the original cat and refit it, put a K & N air filter in and that's it, the bike is plenty fast enough for me and I have not tuned or fitted a PCV. There are guys on here like Oli and Alex that know way more than me about the tuning of the engine but I'm happy with mine as is, due to my non track ambitions.

There are plenty USB charger type cables on the market that go straight to your battery but if you have an Optimate wired in already to your cowl, there is a little adaptor made by Oxford that allows your phone to charge up in the cowl when you are riding. I have one on mine and my GSA and they work great.

Fire up a photo of the seat you bought and we can look to see if the BMW lock is compatible, they are simple to fit and recode.

I'm at the TT for 12 days I think so a meet up would be great, Beavis (Dunc) on here will be there as well as SportEvo (Colin) from here. Great guys who love their bikes and a good craic.

Dont hesitate to ask questions on here Jodi, there is a wealth of knowledge and helpful members by the bucket load.

Had my HP4 Carbon from new in 2013 and have been collecting panels since, like changing the colours to match my boots, lol.

JimmyMac
    Last edited by JimmyMac; 15th April 2018 at 11:02 PM.

Riding
    HP4 carbon 2013

Handy vid if you have to recode your lock.. tho I think on the later models like mine anyway the small sliders are locked in and I couldn't get mine out. Dalkeith supplied me a brand new lock and coded it to my key for £20 quid.

https://youtu.be/mFoke2TS1O8
    Last edited by stuartb; 15th April 2018 at 11:12 PM.

Hi jodi. I had my hp4 decatted and did nothing with the fueling. I had bmw supply and fit the decat pipe for warranty which they were happy to do. They advised not to bother with any remapping as the hp4 standard map will adjust for a simple decat. It never caused me any issues with the way the bike ran.

Riding
    HP4 Carbon 2014

Thanks All, really useful information. Iíll contact Stephen for the cable and maybe my local dealer about the decat. Iíll definitely make contact whilst at the TT, Iím just there for race week. Thanks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jodiwillis For This Useful Post:

Hi Jodi,

First of all welcome! Secondly, I'll be going to the TT this year on my new S1000rr. When are you going from / until? I'm coming up from Surrey / Hants border on the 1st June and coming back on the 13th. I'm definitely in for a meet up!

Rob

Riding
    HP4 Carbon 2014

Iím flying as we didnít get our crossing sorted early enough. From the 4th (Monday) until senior race day on the Saturday. Iíll try to suggest a meeting place and time or we can PM details and sort it nearer the time.

Welcome along
    2011 S1000rr sport

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wull For This Useful Post: